The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to convert my Tower Kaos to electric. Does anyone know of a 3s-5s motor that comes close to the .46/mc muffler? I've been running 11x5's and 12x4's on the 46. I don't see any e-motors that spin those props like the .46. Thanks.

Happy New Year Bros!
JW

· Registered
6,316 Posts
To go electric you will need to go up in pitch to keep the RPMs within reason.
So if you go to a 12x6 E prop and a 4000 4S lipo, this BadAss 3530-890Kv Brushless Motor should work.

The nice thing about the BadAss motors is they have a chart for each motor with various props and cell counts.
Here's the one for the 3530-890Kv.

So the BA3530-890Kv spinning an APC 12x6-E on a 4S lipo will pull about 78 amps and put out just under 9 pounds of thrust. This should outperform the TT Pro 46 with the MCP. The 78 amp load will be about 20C with a 4S 4000 size lipo, so it shouldn't hurt the battery. And you're still way under the 105 max amp rating of the motor.

Reactions: Heinz57

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Also check out these really neat 3D printed motor mounts. Makes it easy to mount the motor the correct distance from the firewall.

I converted a Senior Kadet ARF to electric using a BadAss 3530-700Kv to replace an OS 55AX and used one of those 3D printed mounts. On a 4S 4000 lipo with a 14x6-e prop the power is nearly identical to the 55AX so I've been pretty happy with it.

· Registered
12,710 Posts
Those mounts look cool!!

· Registered
20 Posts
I want to convert my Tower Kaos to electric. Does anyone know of a 3s-5s motor that comes close to the .46/mc muffler? I've been running 11x5's and 12x4's on the 46. I don't see any e-motors that spin those props like the .46. Thanks.

Happy New Year Bros!
JW
John I would like to see how you did the battery hatch when you're done. I want to convert a 40 Kaos from tower also.

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also check out these really neat 3D printed motor mounts. Makes it easy to mount the motor the correct distance from the firewall.

I converted a Senior Kadet ARF to electric using a BadAss 3530-700Kv to replace an OS 55AX and used one of those 3D printed mounts. On a 4S 4000 lipo with a 14x6-e prop the power is nearly identical to the 55AX so I've been pretty happy with it.
Thanks Dave, I bought one of those printed mounts to convert my Marks Models Scout 15. I was real happy when I found those. They come with a few shims too. I need to sell the OS 15 CVA that I took off the Scout. The 15 isn't completely broken in yet. I suppose I'll ebay it. Thanks for the info!

· Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John I would like to see how you did the battery hatch when you're done. I want to convert a 40 Kaos from tower also.
I think I'm going to make the hatch in the bottom of the fuel tank compartment. I'll post pics when done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts