The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,we got the wind last week,looks like nash going get freeze rain cold stuff this week. You that can stay home and be safe,build a plane and keep the fires burning.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been trying to get some fly time in,wind been bit to much and bit cold. I know,i be a wimp,you guys out west are hard.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
High of 6 degrees here tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys bad ass,no two ways about it. So when we get to see skis on Straightups plane,flying over unmolested white snow with MTs in background. Sounds good anyway,what do southern boy know about cold. We had a deer camp years ago,1week,about 10degrees low,high 20s,gave me new respect for cold,even propane lights quit. And a tent with no heat dont get warm. You guys send some pics so we can see what were missing. A hot rock in sleeping bag,only way to warm toes.lol

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Currently 25 degrees on the way to a high of 36
Sun feels good though😎
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water resources Ecoregion

Reactions: BalsaDust

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks inspiring,put on the skis on your feet and slide down the hill. Only to to newcomers i bet,what goes down,got to walk up. Thanks for the pictures,guess i never seen over 6in of snow,then for a few days only,got tired of it shortly. Still,it looks nice to look at.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Nice Pic Doink.

I used to fly in the winter 20 years ago - I had the all season flyer award for many years. Now - no way. It was fun to fly a wheeled plane off a freshly frozen lake. You could kick in rudder and skate sideways / do doughnuts and all kinds of cool stuff. Now I'm staying inside. It was 4 degrees on my way home from work today.......

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know you have lived a long life when you think i remember when dad had a hard time doing this. It used to be hard for him to climb up on a tractor,i would joke at him. Now takes me all i can do to get up on a tractor. lol Get it up,while you can. Flying off ice,bet that would be fun,and never leave the ground.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have flown in the single digits and we used the exhaust of a 454 to heat up the AX .55 so we could start it. Once running, I used my home-made toaster cover to cover the transmitter and my hands so I could fly. Even that got cold rapidly. I took some nylon and lined it with polar fleece and covered the transmitter allowing the antenna to stick out (Pre 2.4 ghz) and used velcro to seal up around my wrists. It worked well, but single digits were a little too cold!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts