The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
I’ve done that exact repair twice on a jo40

I just removed the covering from the bottom and CA’d it back together as best and strait as I could with the pieces I had. After that I just used bass wood from one rib to another on the inside of the broken spars. Let that go through each of those ribs by 1/4” (you’ll have to cut a notch from the ribs between the current spar notches)
Replace the sheer webs (making sure the grain is vertical)
Replace or scarf in new sheeting for top and bottom then recover after sanding.
It doesn’t add much weight and I never broke it in flight. But do be sure to check your lateral CG incase your repair is heavy enough to need to add a nail or something to the opposite wing tip.
The nose is easier. Just get it strait and lay the CA to it and clamp it tight for a while. You can just sheet both sides of the broken nose with1/16” ply and epoxy. I’ve had to do that a lot to chinnyaks.
it’s totally repairable. Sleep on it a couple days. I’ve found it best after a crash to just hang the plane up and not even think about it for a day or two. When you come back to it you’ll have fresh eyes and it won’t look as bad. You’ll have removed most of the emotion out of it.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Now let’s get this radio figured out. What radio is it and what’s your setup?

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
I feel you. I’m getting back into the hobby and it’s been expensive.
I bought a OMP bighorn a month ago. It was beautiful. It matched my EF edge perfectly. Crashed it on the fourth flight because it was a tip stalling hot POS.
I wanted a replacement so I tried a night tundra, lost signal on the maiden and toasted it. Big figure 9 at WTFO throttle.
600 bucks in planes and two new lipos dead in a month. I’ve beat the hell out of the og fomojo too. It needs replaced now. Depron doesn’t like trees lol.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
I was very disappointed in tbe bighorn. It’s flew like mcddd said, like it was full a bricks.
I didn’t enjoy the timberX for similar reasons too.
it’s not 3D but after piecing my tundra back together I do enjoy it a lot more than either of those above. Put a bigger motor on it (I might put the motor from my bighorn) and it would probably hover nicely. Still not 3D but it’ll do something Besides fly around though it does fly nicely unlike the Bighorn and timberX

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Depron does not like trees,maybe you should stop flying in the woods lol. Those are some cool videos though. Walking and flying down wooded paths,flying betweentrees and branches. I love watching them videos.
Well I broke three props just for you today.
vids are up on my channel now.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Yea the OMPs don’t last long. I was extremely disappointed in the bighorn but it was such a nice quality arf I’ll try their decathlon or challenger when they come back.
As for EF, I won’t be buying anymore from them after the problems and response with their 78” edge. It flies great but it was a very disappointing build with lots of issues and they couldn’t have cared less when I inquired about them.
If you haven’t tried skywing, look into them. I was really turned off by their fanboys (who are total pricks) but the models themselves are actually great. Better quality than EF IMHO. Better wing and stab attachments and cheaper while giving you servo extensions, fuel tank, spinner, lots of extras like wire braid and fuel line and even fuel dots!

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
My 85” skywing extra on an anemic dle55

It flew and felt so good but it just wouldn’t tumble and y’all know I like violence so I sold it and got the EF edge.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
SW is only available from Northwestrc
Their shipping residential is a flat rate I think it was about $250 from them to Kentucky for me.
Shipping is pretty much the same because I think it was exactly the same rate for my smaller EF edge from Georgia upto KY. It came in three boxes instead of just one like the SW.

I wouldn’t let any shipping cost determine which plane you buy.

I’ve talked with SupaTim at NWRC and what isn’t in stock right now will be by August he said. I’m going to get a yellow and charcoal 91” Edge when they come in.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
Then I wouldn’t worry about shipping cost. They won’t be that different in that size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts