The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks heaps to Paul Swanny to making the plans available a few years ago, has meant that borrowing my workplace’s Laser Cutter yielded some slabs for us to fly locally.

After making a couple stock, we struggled to get an aft enough CG, and always has the dreaded lead in the tail. Hovering was something my friends wanted to learn and practice with these, so to kill two birds, i lengthened the tails by 50mm or 2”

Mojo EXT was used to denote between ourselves the change, till one smartass friend of mine said “With it being longer, the name should match”. Now we have affectionately called them the MooJoo.

Pros: directionally more stable in all manoeuvres, great for predicability. Prop hang/hovering is more locked in and easy to manage. Rearward CG is now easy to achieve.

Cons: Bigger airframe to transport and store. Worse at funky tumbling manoeuvres.

Will get a video of mine once I have finished my new exhaust.

Everyone loves pics!!!…

Attachments

· Registered
7,239 Posts
Nice. What is the reasoning behind the stepped TE on the ailerons?

· Registered
964 Posts
Bring it to a Pro Bro. Let the Bros decide.

· Registered
6,135 Posts
The extended inboard 'ron's are interesting. I think I did that on a Sloan Yak about 15 years ago. Along with SFGs on the wingtips. The plane flew almost as good in HAKE as it did in level flight.

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It certain helps in the stalled state maintaining roll authority using the prop wash. I definitely notice a difference between this and standard ailerons.

Ive been struggling with a solid mount for my exhaust system, so haven’t managed a video yet. Hopefully soon

· Registered
12,709 Posts
Excellent video!! Thank you for posting (y) (y)

· Registered
20,274 Posts
Hell yeah!
Makes me want to fly again. I got ahold of my old stumpworks built yak47. She’s tired and heavy and the 6s E setup is anemic at best. I’ll look around for a 55 on the cheap. I have a CCP laying here from goofy’s nipple glitter

· Registered
75 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts