The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
You dont sound happy,give that mojo some love,fly it hard while you build that slick. Might save your slick a few bumps while getting them fingers ready. Bet you ant got much money in that mojo,time to,how can you beat that. Best to have backup planes,never know when a ut oo turns to oh no,get the bag.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
This is interesting,one day i may be trying a el 40. So many ways to go,but i think 3s for 40 planes,then using 2 3s batts for 60 size planes would give the most use of batts. Do i be on track or missed the best way. Gregoryda, check with wattmeter and go fly,try props and see whats best. Some times you have to use what you got till the mail comes. Best props break the easiest,worst last forever like a out of round tire.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Nitro gets in the blood,it ant easy or clean,just long lasting blast after blast. Yep,you good on mojos to Woodpilot,fun to watch it. Got looking at my packs,my best ones are the flat,stack ones. Like poptarts stacked laid on top of each other,with clear covering , may be better than the round cells,seems you could stuff more in there being flat.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
My fingers are old to,but still learning some. Other than short flight times el ok,shure easy. Maybe i miss the sound,or smell. At the seff flying event last year i watched three days of best el planes do there thing,just not the same,but i come from drag and round track cars racing. May just be the sound,hell,i like the smell of nitro alot,and smoke trails in the sky. Jets not my thing,had enought fuel for a lifetime. But,a overpowered nitro mojo being beat up by a great pilot gives me shivers,to quote others,a 60 mojo with 120ax makes them giggle. I know,before you guys beat me up,theres better planes out there. So,any vids out there of over powerd mojos being beat up,bet one of them old nash flyins got one. Be nice,just my thoughts,i could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I kinda went through the same thing with my mojo 25. Ended up using a bigger motor and moved it as far forward as could. Now,flys great ,inverted or not about the same. You be right,if the tail is trimmed up,its not going to fly right inverted. The als trim just a bit off will muck with you,i now pin a strip of wood to wing tip centered on rib,then adj al to wood pointer,then do other side. If in dought on bal,add weight to nose temporarily and fly. Adding weight is bad,its the last thing to do. By the time your done,you will have learned a bunch,i sure did. Some guys fly tail heavy,it makes the plane very twitchy,but helps hovers,you have to stay on the sticks all the time,i dont care for it.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Your on the right track. I have moved motors foward 1.5 inches,still fly good. If i were real good flyer it might matter,but for me its fine. Weight is everything to 3d planes. Since i still build heavy,i try not to,but tend to anyways i now move servos forward,dont take much tailweight to bal if needed. Or,if needed build the front mount longer,not as bad as adding weight. I fought my 25 mojo built by someone else much tailheavy,rebuilt nose longer ,it now flys fine. Trim,that is every thing is right makes a good plane that flys nice. A cj plane has much forgiveness built in,3d planes dont forgive shit. Even my 202 got a bit of twist in its body,i can see it roll out every time because of it. Two years ago i did not know, Now i understand how important a light,straight plane is,and good servos. Thats what 3d does,it makes us aware of shortcomings and to try to be better,not just flying round and round a heavy badly setup turd. I was a cj,now i know better. Just me,having fun at myself.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Might be time to bring up jeremy chin trim guide,a good read anytime. I like checking planes in a vice,i use a indence meter to level wing,then check every surface to that. I also like the pointer stick on wing tips,makes setting the al easy. All this help you got to win.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Man thats good news,the cg do make or break a plane. Plus,look at all you learned. How many planes i built and did not understand cg,just put it where plans said. Now,because of the bros i got a clue of setting up a plane,thanks guys,wish i had met you guys sooner. A great flying plane is a joy,a few tweaks is all it takes sometimes.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
McDDD got it right on cg. I played with my 202 cg,it taught me much,move cg back and el is touche,hard to fly in a line. You know how them fatties run out of el when landing,nose bumps the ground,they just needed cg moved back some more than the plans showed. Good your having fun and learning,me to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts