The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Which Short Kit(s) would you be interested in?

• Mojo 40

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Mojo 60

Votes: 20 76.9%
201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just started on mine.Not sure if it was part of the design but it would make things easier if the glass tube was 1/2" instead of the .602 size,it's almost 5/8".The ply engine mount is cut for 1/2".I built one of these about 20 years back and can't remember.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
closetguy said:
Just started on mine.Not sure if it was part of the design but it would make things easier if the glass tube was 1/2" instead of the .602 size,it's almost 5/8".The ply engine mount is cut for 1/2".I built one of these about 20 years back and can't remember.
The original MoJo 60 had a 1/2" ply mount and used a .505 tube. The center rib spacers were 2 pieces of 1/4".
The Mosass 60's mount is built up with a 1/2 balsa core skinned with 1/16 ply and uses a .602 tube. Center rib spacers from 2 pieces of 5/16"
Not all parts are interchangeable between the 2.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks,now everything makes sense at what I'm looking at.

I just added 1/16 sheeting to all center spacers, everything fits good now. Much appreciated. :tu:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i thinking you have one of sams kits,tell us more that you find. will help we these new kits start getting built. show us pics of your build. what engine. give us something to chew on. any other mojos getting built.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yep, one of Sam's 60 MoAss,still waiting on balsa to get here.I just assembled the engine mount and tube.Have the root ribs fitted to the .602 tube and glued up,thats it.Not sure where I can pick up carbon fiber matting for the wing joiner.I have fiberglass,maybe I'll use that.
As far as engine's I'm really liking the video's of the 120AX on the moass,but that's going back to glow.I fly all gas now so RCGF20 may get the nod.
Pictures are hard for me sense we upgrade to the next Windows format,it dosen't see my 35mm any longer.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i would think glass be ok. maybe small weight gain. been told, gas works good om mojo. lot cheaper to run. i think i shall try it on my mojo. posting pics is hard on this site,all have problems but the tect guys. i do 7 steps,but get there,ask for help,someone knows. going be lot mojos flying before spring,i hope.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not sure what effects using a 1/2 carbon fiber tube would have on the CG. I say this only because the kit is made for 1/2 tube it would make assembly a breeze.It would be stiffer than a 1/2 glass tube and lighter,just food for thought.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
we talked about this not long ago. on zombie building a spad,i think. glass better cause it gives,wood cracks,glue it back. carbon shatters,hard to repare,light yes,forgiving not. i like wf two piece tail,makes easy to move,store and repair.

·
Registered
12,341 Posts

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
I remember my first beer......
I too thought these kits needed modified before I ever built one. I thought the elevator and rudder needed to be bigger to be able to do what I saw these guys doing in the videos, so I added 1/2" to each on my first Mojo40. It wasn't until I flew a stock built one that I realized it was un-necessary. Folks, these kits aren't v1. The tests and mods have already been done. They are already refined. I'm not saying there isn't any room left for improvement, but there's not much. Build your first one stock before you draw outside the lines. There's my $.02

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree with not re inventing the wheel. I was giving a heads up to the rest.It's nice to see someone cutting short kits,I hope Sam continues doing so.
If nothing else it gives us something to yak about.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
a souped up mojo be a madyack i think. got more of everthing. theres some great planes been done here. be hard not to find just what you want. 20 years of guys trying for the best 3d ever built. the hard part,what to build next. thanks guys,for giving so much for us new guys to work with. just dont be a CJ with pro bro stuff.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
well, was i somewhat right about madyack being souped up mojo. i still be new guy,but thats how i remember it. so many great flying planes out there,hard to keep up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
sparkplug said:
well, was i somewhat right about madyack being souped up mojo. i still be new guy,but thats how i remember it. so many great flying planes out there,hard to keep up.
I'm pretty sure the MadYak is a variation of the ChinYak. Chin utilized a balsa sheeted foam fuse (small tubes added later in the ARF's) , the Mad a tubed fuse along with some tweaks.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i new if i kept trolling,i would get a bite. lot of work,but you guys got so much to share,if only you would. ok,so what is a suped up mojo,if there is such a thing. just passing time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
sparkplug said:
ok,so what is a suped up mojo,if there is such a thing. just passing time.
The current version MoJo - the MoAss - is the souped up version.

Longer fuse, significantly larger elevator and rudder control surfaces.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
well,i caught a zombie. were you been. at elden,i saw a mojo by a madyak i think. they looked somewhat alike,to the untrained eye. madyak had twice the control area. that was pointed out to me by the owner,david, i think. i hope i be right, it being a madyak. there was so much to see,to much at one time. anyway,it just struck me as much beefed up mojo,as much as only a new guy would understand. they not the same,i get it. himmm i think i started a spark. good to hear from you. put the two together be, MADJOAK

·
Registered
883 Posts
hey all. im chasing a set of rib planes for a mojo 60. have a set of plans for the rest of it thinking of a scratch build

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
hey all. im chasing a set of rib planes for a mojo 60. have a set of plans for the rest of it thinking of a scratch build
Her ya go.

Attachments

201 - 220 of 222 Posts