The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Which Short Kit(s) would you be interested in?

• Mojo 40

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Mojo 60

Votes: 20 76.9%
181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
16,994 Posts
i think the 1.00 a better choice. light, plenty power.

1/4" birch ply tabs. lite ply pockets. nylon bolts. the lite ply rip out before them tabs break! tube is .505, joiner piece is like .460 or something, sanded to a slip fit. explains in the build thread. been a while.bamboo meat skewer pin thru tube at rear of joiner piece to keep it from sliding back. can be removed and replaced if breaks. but pretty sturdy, easy to fl so never crashed it! sold it to voodoo- doug auschlager. he loved it, finally toasted it flying low rollers and caught a wing.

servo leads end at front edge of tail section. a little velcro on them. plug them into extensions coming outa wing after bolting tail on. put them on the clean side of plane! i think it's all in thread!

removeable wings take a lot of structural changes. and you are compromizing the highest stress part of an airframe. not a good idea.

you note the 91 good power. 1.00 a lot more. same mount size, so fits stock mount cutout. lighter better, see how slow it goes? time to think. mojo .60 flies about the same, but a little floatier, actuall stall break and doesn't sink like this- nothing else really does, makes spot landings easy. just remember, nose up- throttle up!

one thing i do recommend on any saito powered slab- the built up balsa core mount. it's lighter, and you can actually adjust the needle valve at full throttle without it shaking too much. and doesn't crush. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3776&hilit=laminated+mount

·
Registered
16,994 Posts
this was my first mojo, bought kit from paul at the old nash location in 2004 after flying mojo #1. saito .72 power, and it vibrated like hell! still, austin powers mojo, baybee! i used to be so cool before i became a grumpy ol' fart! :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Hey Sam, MO is on the way. Tracking says Monday. Certified Mail. :cash:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the Mojo 40 rib are the same as the Morris Topcap and Spinsation ribs? (except Mojos have holes)

thanks

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
well,you tried,now go where no man has gone before. think everyone out hunting. lots of mojo kits bought,but very quiet about them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
sparkplug said:
well,you tried,now go where no man has gone before. think everyone out hunting. lots of mojo kits bought,but very quiet about them.
Ya I haven't even started on mine. Trying to fly some more while the weather holds up and I don't have my stick list yet.

Soon enough, though...

·
Registered
454 Posts
4dogspete said:
Am I too late to get on the list for one of each - MOJO 60 and 60 short kits?
Pete as in fordogspete [email protected]
Pete, if you did not get an answer try emailing Sam. His email addy is in the first post of this thread. If you get lucky he may
have an extra kit(s) he can sell you.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ChuckD said:
Where is everyone buying their tubes for the Mojo 60?
I ordered a couple from Goodwinds yesterday. Man they really get you on the shipping. Curious to see what where bros are finding the best deals as well.

·
Registered
14,020 Posts

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
yep,they get you. i been trying to get orings for os carbs,got bunch that need them. 10 cent orings cost 10 bucks. trying oring suppy house,orderd 8 sizes,all close,none quite right. we all will need tubes,keep looking guys.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Funny you mention those orings, I need one for a 91 surpass, carb intake. I think for the fussing around to try and match one, Im better off just ordering the correct one, then if I have a running issue, I know its not the pos I subsituted ;)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
oem always best. 10 bucks for a oring. go to parts house. its the little guys,needles oring,hard to find. i have many that need them,so trying to find other way. big ones,by that i mean 8mm up,buy oring kit for 10bucks. os 50ax low needle use like 1x1.4x1mm. just dont like being done.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I just found them om Goodwinds. gonna get one .602 od .500 id x 84". It's long enough for two Mojos. The biggest that Tap Plastics has is .524 . With shipping it's $54.24 :roll:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yea, I ordered two 3/8 - .375 tubes the other day for a smaller build. The tube was around 12$ each, shipping was 17$ :shrug2:

181 - 200 of 222 Posts