The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

Matchless Shuriken .40

431 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  matchlessaero 
#1 ·
Its been wayyy toooo many years since I've had a new .40 size profile. With that in mind, I decided to draw up a new one.

Well, I liked the shape of my Shuriken foamy so much, I decided to use the outlines of it as the basis for this project. I will build a mounting plate in the top of the fuse for the T-Canalizer, but won't likely install it from the start. Instead, I'll fly it without and try it later.

I'm borrowing a bunch of other details for this bird as well. I'm borrowing things that I know I've proven on other airplanes.......

Airfoil will come from my Chinn E-Yak. This airfoil is about 60% the thickness of the ChinnYak airfoil, but basically the same section.

Fuse will be sheeted foam with carbon tubes lengthwise for strength. Same wing saddle setup as my others.

Tail construction will mimic my Chinn Yak.

I have a Chinn E-Yakk kit at the house that I'm tempted to bash into the new design first, but really kinda want a .40 size instead.

If I get an ETOC invite this year, this may have to go on the backburner for a bit, but if I don't get it, I'll build immediately!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
are you worried that the wing will be super crazy loose with that small a tip cord?

a while ago i drew up a sabre with a T-Canalizer on it but not on a pylon or on top just through the fuse kinda aft of the canopy.. was going to do it with two 4mm carbon tubes going through holes in the fuse.. the way your's is would be alot simpler though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.