The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my profiles and won't give them up again, but every so often I just feel like lazily flying around low and slow doing CJ touch and go stuff. I have a DLE55 sitting unused right now, and a Value Hobby Giant Stick and was wondering if the DLE would be too much for it. Would need all the gear for it so it wouldn't be a free setup.

For about the same price I could get a Timber X and a few packs. Is there any other planes I could look at to fill this role?

WF won't build me a hovering Senorita...:cry:馃槈

Registered
On ebay,a space walker and astrohog,only 72 in wings,with engines,down to 300 and 2oo now,in fla. Not what you asked for,but might do.

Registered
And,last year,a bro up north had a old,never flown mojo 60 in his shop. Any chance he might come to nash,anyone know who that was,maybe two years ago. Can we have to many,nope,long as can get bigger trailer.

Registered
WF taking a break,fixing his boat,kicking his cat,cleaning bird drops off railing. He come to nash,i give him bottom paint,old good stuff,if i can find it,wont have to scrape bottom of boat,have more time to build us super tuned foam planes,and fly plugs old planes,tune them to,take all the help i can get. Well,i got a super tuned WF 32in slick,better built than i could do it,come fly it,master of foam. 馃悙 馃悙 馃悙

Registered
Cartman let me fly his Flex Innovations Cessna 170 at Ottumwa.. Smoooooooothest bird I've ever flown. Sweet!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went ahead and ordered the Timber X. Amazon had it for $259 which is $40 cheaper than Horizon.

Registered
Personally I did not like the Timber X. It flew ok but its labeled as a 3D and STOL plane and it only is so so in each department. They took too much wing away from it to be a decent STOL plane and as for 3D it has its high wing quirks. It will do awesome crankshafts though.

Just my two cents

Registered
I have looked at the Timber X many times. It looks like a fun airplane, let us know what you think Joebob.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do. Should be here tomorrow. Batts arriving Friday so I will shoot for a Saturday maiden.

BD, thanks for the input. I was debating between the night Timber, the Timber Evolution, and the X. The reversible throttle on the Evo would have been cool, but not much usefulness. I did like the top battery hatch on the Evo though. We'll see how the X files. I still have my Probolto for 3D stuff so if it doesn't 3D well, it's no biggie. Also still toying with the idea of putting the DLE55 on my VH giant Stick. It will fit the firewall but not sure about prop clearance. Could always make some taller gear, I suppose.....

Registered
Personally I did not like the Timber X. It flew ok but its labeled as a 3D and STOL plane and it only is so so in each department. They took too much wing away from it to be a decent STOL plane and as for 3D it has its high wing quirks. It will do awesome crankshafts though.

Just my two cents
Totally agree--don't like mine either. Crashed mine on maiden when I did a knife edge spin to inverted flat, and it wouldn't pull out. 3D rates on elevator will sometimes cause a dropped wing/possible snap. It also is a bitch to actually land smoothly. I will say it does AWESOME poptops and crankshafts, and if you can land it smoothly, you can land just about anything smoothly...

Reactions: BalsaDust

Registered
Totally agree--don't like mine either. Crashed mine on maiden when I did a knife edge spin to inverted flat, and it wouldn't pull out. 3D rates on elevator will sometimes cause a dropped wing/possible snap. It also is a bitch to actually land smoothly. I will say it does AWESOME poptops and crankshafts, and if you can land it smoothly, you can land just about anything smoothly...

Sadly I still find myself hoping that release a UMX version of the Timber X. I fly my original UMX Timber all the time and never seem to get bored with it. Will be putting the floats back on it here soon to take with me on a camping trip out at the Eastern Shore to get some float flying in off of the Bay.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flew the Timber X today. I ordered a few 4S 3300 packs for it, but I didn't realize they were as big as they were. Almost didn't fit in the fuse. Overall, the plane flies pretty good, and does what I wanted it to do. Didn't get full span ailerons working yet with the Radiomaster. Still trying to understand the videos on Youtube. The only one I could find specifically for the Radiomaster and Timber was some hick with a camera from the 70s that couldn't formulate a coherent sentence if his life depended on it lol.

After flying the Probolto again this morning and finding that it was REALLY tail heavy, I'm contemplating putting the DLE55 on it and putting the DLE35 back on the giant Stick..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts