The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recieved my laser engraved wood from Sotos. Very cool.

Here's the stuff on my scratch built Chinn Yakk. Now, I'm off to modify the Primo with some bling. Then, I'll start covering.

Attachments

Reactions: chips303 and Alsopp

·
Premium Member
9,613 Posts
I think I'm going to have something like that done up for the custom bird I'm having sotos cut for me! That looks badass!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here I cut out the logos from Sotos and embedded them into the tail surfaces of my Primo....

This is really cool. I notched out the tail surfaces so the laser logos are flush. Pretty easy with a dremel.

Now, it's time to finish them up, clean up the benches, and break out the covering iron.

Attachments

Reactions: chips303

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sotos said:
Nice way to show them off Doug. A scratch Chinn Yak you say? Sweet. I have a short kit in the queue. :D
I bought two short kits from Jeremy a long time ago. The first one is still flying. The second one is still in the box. I wanted to scratch one...figured it would take me all winter to build. It took about a week. :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackbeer said:
Those look great. I knew I should have ordered two sets of those things.

Tom
Yep. That's why I orderd two sets myself.

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
I know this is a blast from the past, but I was wondering if this ever got covered Doug? That lazer Bro crest is awesome!!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Straightup said:
I know this is a blast from the past, but I was wondering if this ever got covered Doug? That lazer Bro crest is awesome!!
Yeah.. both planes have been flying for nearly two years. Too busy tonight, but I'll see if I can get some photos posted soon.

I wish I would have bought more than two sets now.

D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man I would love to have some, that is some cool shit. What can I do to get some,and what size etc.. The Pro Bro site should have them for sale, that way we can show are colors with pride...

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Take the probro logo to a local trophy shop. Most of the bigger trophy shops these days have lasers. Also, take some balsa with you.... I recommend using at least 3/16" thick stuff.

Give them the logo file, and ask them to simply burn it into the balsa for you. It will take them a little while to setup the power on the laser, and they'll scrap.a piece of wood or two....but they should be able to help you out.

May cost you a good $30 or $40.... including setup, so have them burn a bunch of them. The actual cutting time is nothing once they figure out the power settings.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You just gave me a cool idea dude have a peice of stainless cnc cut like that and use it to go old school and brand some shit...!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts