The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need your help. As I shared a few months back local to me bro kwj48 passed away. I'm going to help his wife get rid of his RC collection. She has no clue what any of it is worth so I plan to go up there next week to help go through it all and try to give her an idea. Not sure if she wants to piece it out or sell it off as one lot. These are the pictures she sent me but said there is more at their lake house. What I can identify are as follows.
1. 88" EF Edge 540
2. 48" EF Edge 540
3. EF Outlaw Nitro version
4. EF Outlaw electric version
5. Sbach 35
6. EE25
7. Glitter JR
8. EE50cc
9. Filton Extra
10. Sabre 35

I need help with the others.
two foamies no clue who makes them?
The olive green and white Slick I just can't remember who designed that one? I know it's not Doug's.
The red and white low wing sport plane?
Spitfire?
Blue and white slab hanging under the Filton Extra?
Tranny blue and white slab hiding behind the foamies and seen a little in other pictures? Possibly dougs 35" slick as I know Kenny had been building one but not sure if it ever got finished.
Tranny green and purple hanging behind foamies as well. Really can only see a small bit of the wing and horizontal stab but the stab tells me possibly a Primo?

Any insight would be great. Just trying to get a list put together of what I know now so its less I have to figure out the day I stop by. What would you guys value some of the known ones at? I know Electronics and such play a part but just a rough guess for now.

Thanks in advance.

Also please don't barrage me with I want this plane and what not. Until I know exactly how his wife would like to proceed I can't promise any plane to any one person.
Air travel Monoplane Aviation Aircraft Vehicle
Red Vehicle Aircraft Monoplane Tints and shades
Floor Flooring Toy Engineering Building
Vehicle Aviation Aircraft Building Automotive design
Wood Tints and shades Art Leisure Recreation
Motor vehicle Urban design Art Tints and shades Automotive design
Watercraft Boat Vehicle Triangle Flag
World Paint Textile Art Red
Tints and shades Shipping box Publication Art Retail

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The orange and black foamy is a Bouncer. The other foamy looks like a Bouncer also, the motor mount would confirm it
Thanks. I questioned if it could be a bouncer but the bouncer was before my time with the hood so had never seen one in person.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I have figured out that the green and white Slick is the one LightRC did.

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
The location of items would help as well.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Well, he said not to barrage him with questions about buying/this/that/the other, but, dibs on the nitro Outlaw :)

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If his wife wants to piece it out we might go that route. I'm just trying to get a rough value of stuff first so I can provide that information to her. She may decide to sell it all as one big lot which will probably limit it to local sales.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Very sorry to hear of a bro’s passing.. If she’s willing to piece it out, Id be interested in a couple planes. Especially that 25 EE . I’m located in Toano VA-

Do any bro’s catch up and fly together in VA? Id like to join in if so.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very sorry to hear of a bro’s passing.. If she’s willing to piece it out, Id be interested in a couple planes. Especially that 25 EE . I’m located in Toano VA-

Do any bro’s catch up and fly together in VA? Id like to join in if so.
Its been a long time really. Last VABRO was probably 4 years ago. There is one other member of my club who is a member here and has built a few slabs but not very active here. I fly with him a lot. Two others are members of a club about an hour north of my current location. I’m considering joining there club once my wife and I purchase a new home as we are looking for a place in the northern chesterfield or midlothian area which would put me closer to there club than the one I’m currently in.

Reactions: Heinz57

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Yes, very sorry for your loss also.
On the green Extra Extra, on the canopy is a genuine Gatorcote helmet head. Those were so cool!!!!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, very sorry for your loss also.
On the green Extra Extra, on the canopy is a genuine Gatorcote helmet head. Those were so cool!!!!
Good piece of info. Didn’t know that. I know that’s the one plane from the lot that I truly want. Lots of memories flying it with kenny. Though if I do end up with it I will probably never fly it as hard as it could be for fear or loosing it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts