The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Joebob i had both a 1/2 and 5/8 tube on hand,weight was 1.5oz more for big tube. In flex i bent both,near half the give,a big difference. Will it matter in twist,will check in a bit,but i would think the big tube would keep the tail squarer. I liked Heinze 57 mount better than mine,i can deflect the ends of mine with my hands. My ply lugs are 5/8 tall,if i had to redo,i would make taller. Then again,it may be over kill,not sure yet. Years ago,a fabricator told me you needed to build 3 to get it right,improving on each one. Think he was right at least for me. Well its all about learning,having fun and getting better,each build i learn more,only thing,i forget now what i learned last week. lol

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I don't think the tube helps much with twist. Either size will be about the same there. Since I'm cheap and hate paying so much for shipping right now, I have a some 12mm tubes I can reuse for this one. Since my flying style isn't high energy stuff, the loads I put on the plane aren't going to be as bad as some of the guys so I think the 12mm tube will suffice.

Just measured the mount in my drawings and they are a little under 3/4" wide.

BTW, this will be the 3rd Mojo 60 I've had and the 2nd build. First 2 had Saito 91s so this will be the first with gas.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Just got back from shop,i put the tubes in vice,gently twisted each one,both were surprising strong,bigger tube was stronger as one would think. Either would work,if one tended to twist the tail well. On the other hand,ounces add up. Reckon will learn together about these gas engines. Still working out the twist in wings,once twist is built in seems hard to remove.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, I figured up pricing for the 46” slick kits this morning and I am struggling to get the price down. Everything seems to have crept up in price and it adds up.

what I have figured up is complete airframe kits, all wood is included along with fiberglass tube, landing gear, plans PayPal fee etc. it is everything to build the bare airframe. The price has come out to $150.00 plus shipping. Instead of doing flat rate shipping I will do actual shipping cost.

If this pricing is too high I totally understand. I was a little shocked when I added everything up.

Please let me know your thoughts Bro’s. I could do short kits for much less, just figured having everything in one box was better.

Doug
If you have any kits left please let me know Rick 321-747-7016

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
These will be next so there will be plenty time to get on the list. Once I get the 35’s done I will start taking orders for these. Keep an eye out here for the pre-order thread.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts