The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Any new projects on the table?
I did updates to my GBR 50 lam. It was good to get those done.
I'm stuffing my MoSkeeter 36 (Skeeter 36 with a mojo style top to the fuse)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Building mojo 60 with 20cc gas,you said you liked yours so much i got to try it Heinze.
Gathering the stuff to start mine also. Got a VVRC 21cc and all the wood, but still need the tubes, hardware, and electronics. What servos you gonna use?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I have some older,new,better grade jr stuff i need to use up. Dont remember the NOs,got them so guess i use them. MY kit was from sam,5/8 tube,seems its a mix of mojo and moass. The motor mount is 2 piece ply,witch ends up 5/8 thick,after cutting engine slot it seems a bit weak,thinking about cutting a alum plate to add to off side of engine,gas do shake alot. If yours is the same,let me know what you do.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Is the slick 360 46 a thick wing build. As slow as i be need all the help i can get. I consider the 35in slick a thin wing,flys good,but think the thicker wings better for me. Compared to mojos ,where does it fit.

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
It's not a thick wing but it is a slow flyer. Flys bigger than it is because it's lightweight.
In fact, here's your quote plug.

From the video that looks floaty,slow enough for plug even,put me down for a kit. HEY GUYS in the background,now your chance for a KIT,speak up NOWWW. Once again,great offer by Doug,you have ask for kits,here it is. Thanks Doug for trying.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yes, thin wing but the easiest to fly slab in this size. Harriers are very slow and super easy to hover.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey plug, how thin is a foamy wing? How fast do they fly?😉

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I have some older,new,better grade jr stuff i need to use up. Dont remember the NOs,got them so guess i use them. MY kit was from sam,5/8 tube,seems its a mix of mojo and moass. The motor mount is 2 piece ply,witch ends up 5/8 thick,after cutting engine slot it seems a bit weak,thinking about cutting a alum plate to add to off side of engine,gas do shake alot. If yours is the same,let me know what you do.
I'm cutting my own so I'm making some adjustments. 12mm and 14mm tubes are cheaper to get, so I'm having to resize the openings for that size. Going with the solid ply mount from the original Mojo but the rest of it will be MoAss.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Mines 2 part ply,but when you cut out for engine the nubs seem bit small. As in the mount needs to be taller overall,these gas motors are wide at mount lugs. Got some highway signs,badass alum i was thinking to cut out to back up off side of engine. Draw out engine on plans,you might have better plan if needed. Well hec,i will go take some pics,you guys may leed me down another path.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
To quote member 446
"You didnt add strength,you added weight":poop:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Well guess i call it mojo half ass. I dont get turned around offen,not sure but did by plan,kinda think been better with 505 tube. I cut out mim for engine and carb. Now,the tube wont slide in at rear of wing,will have to drill out tube hole. Going to win in long run.
Wood Line Font Engineering Urban design
Handwriting Rectangle Font Whiteboard Schematic
Wood Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern

Wood Art Font Twig Metal

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mines 2 part ply,but when you cut out for engine the nubs seem bit small. As in the mount needs to be taller overall,these gas motors are wide at mount lugs. Got some highway signs,badass alum i was thinking to cut out to back up off side of engine. Draw out engine on plans,you might have better plan if needed. Well hec,i will go take some pics,you guys may leed me down another path.
straight up- that sounds awesome!!

Plug, I started with aluminum rails on mine but ended up taking them off. It didn’t need them. I find the 20cc vibration is less than a glow 4stroke. I did a balsa core mount with the maple rails extended. Worked really well.
Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Material property

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Thanks guys,found a wood rasp .600 ,open up the tube hole just fine. Straighten the 35 slick last night,had some warps in al,flew in 10 plus wind,bit much,but the plane was much better. Did very good to be light as is,bring on the 46 kits.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts