The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had several messages about kit availability. I just don’t have the time to reply to everyone so posting this instead.

I am still hoping to get things in order so I can get back to cutting. I do not know when that will be yet but hopefully soon. Life has just been too busy lately.

I have no kits in stock but post here if you are looking for something. I know there are a lot of kits out there that were no built.

If you have a kit that you aren’t going to build post it here, I know there are guys looking.

Thanks Bro’s

· Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for a 30cc-50cc airplane that I can build from a kit or plans. I'm new to the forum so I don't know what the latest/greatest design would be. From my limited research, I think the EEV2 is what I"m after. Can this be built from plans, and if so, how can I obtain them (I'm happy to pay for them)?

Is there another design I should consider? Open to any suggestions if there is another 'preferred' airplane in the 30cc-50cc class.

Thanks - SS

· Registered
20,274 Posts
None of the EE’s are scratch friendly. They heavy in CNC work. That’s not to say you couldn’t take some plans and just build one to their outline traditionally like a mojo framework but I’m not sure you’ll fine EEV2 (30cc size EE) plans anywhere. They’ve been unobtainum for over a decade.

· Registered
4 Posts
None of the EE’s are scratch friendly. They heavy in CNC work. That’s not to say you couldn’t take some plans and just build one to their outline traditionally like a mojo framework but I’m not sure you’ll fine EEV2 (30cc size EE) plans anywhere. They’ve been unobtainum for over a decade.
Is the EEV2 the 'latest/greatest' in terms of flight characteristics? There are several airplanes and I don't know where they all fall when compared to each other. Lamyak? Razor Yak? OMP hybrid? I'm kind of confused.

· Registered
710 Posts
Is the EEV2 the 'latest/greatest' in terms of flight characteristics? There are several airplanes and I don't know where they all fall when compared to each other. Lamyak? Razor Yak? OMP hybrid? I'm kind of confused.
You might also consider the Mojo 65 which is a decent fit for 30cc but likely a bit overpowered depending on how heavy you build. The plans should be available here if you search. Also, Triflyer's big Sbac is a 30 cc bird. I can't remember the designation for it size wise. If you PM him he can print plans for you. It can be scratch built and although I haven't flown one it gets good reports. All of his stuff flies awesome.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
All those you listed are all different planes from different designers.
There isn’t really a latest or greatest.
the OMP stuff is very old school. Some like it, some don’t. Razor yak is also very old but it’s a good plane all around. Lamyak isn’t that old but it’s wing and characteristics is totally it’s own and fairly polarizing for likes and dislikes.
the EEV2 is simply the name of the 30cc sized ExtraExtra design. EE25 (36” span .25 nitro or electric) EE (60” 20cc) EEV2 (72” 30cc) and EE50 (87” 50cc)
I take it you’re brand new to slabs and really just want to try one in the 30cc size. I’m afraid no slabs are currently in production. The closest I think you’ll find that you can scratch build is the Mojo65. It’s a bit heavy for 20cc and I believe some have had luck with DLE30’s on them before. The Lamyak had a 30cc size but I’ve never seen plans for them. The supplier/kitter of those passed away some years back. I don’t think anyone picked up that torch.

· Registered
4 Posts
All those you listed are all different planes from different designers.
There isn’t really a latest or greatest.
the OMP stuff is very old school. Some like it, some don’t. Razor yak is also very old but it’s a good plane all around. Lamyak isn’t that old but it’s wing and characteristics is totally it’s own and fairly polarizing for likes and dislikes.
the EEV2 is simply the name of the 30cc sized ExtraExtra design. EE25 (36” span .25 nitro or electric) EE (60” 20cc) EEV2 (72” 30cc) and EE50 (87” 50cc)
I take it you’re brand new to slabs and really just want to try one in the 30cc size. I’m afraid no slabs are currently in production. The closest I think you’ll find that you can scratch build is the Mojo65. It’s a bit heavy for 20cc and I believe some have had luck with DLE30’s on them before. The Lamyak had a 30cc size but I’ve never seen plans for them. The supplier/kitter of those passed away some years back. I don’t think anyone picked up that torch.
Yes...for all intents and purposes, I'm new to slabs (again). I had a Morris the Knife, Morris TopCap and Giant SuDoKoi back in the 90s..... but I've been away from the hobby for a while and I'm just getting back to it. Thanks so much for taking the time to fill in some of the details for me.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
Any time. I’ve been out for a good while too. My memory isn’t a trap like it used to be but I’ll help summarize and give my experience as much as I can.
I know 30cc is popular right now. “The new 50cc” kinda thing but when this group was hoppin’ and slabs were in their hay day that was really before 30cc engine were popular. Slabs were kinda on the down hill side of their popularity when gas started to come around. 20cc was the more go to engine if you didn’t want nitro so there are more 20cc designs available than 30cc.
my best advise would be to build a mojo60 and slap a 20cc on it. Itll be what you’re looking for, I think and it’s one of the easiest to scratch slabs and plans are free here for it. Plenty of wing for that engine and still and very nice all up weight.
but if you’re dead set on 30cc then a Lamyak/lamsuk of that size or a Mojo65 would probably be your best bets for finding plans and scratching one out. I just can’t advise you to try a Lamyak/sukhoi first because some people hate the way a laminar wing feels. I like them for what they are but still prefer a traditional airfoil.

· Registered
7,239 Posts
I was gonna say Sbach 65. Seems like a lot of peope put 20cc on them, then have to add nose weight to balance and complain its underpowered. Do a DLE35 and have bro power
I miss my sbach65.

Reactions: ben_beyer

· Registered
20 Posts
I have had several messages about kit availability. I just don’t have the time to reply to everyone so posting this instead.

I am still hoping to get things in order so I can get back to cutting. I do not know when that will be yet but hopefully soon. Life has just been too busy lately.

I have no kits in stock but post here if you are looking for something. I know there are a lot of kits out there that were no built.

If you have a kit that you aren’t going to build post it here, I know there are guys looking.

Thanks Bro’s
I would love either one! Slick 35 & 46 if you get back to cutting.

· Registered
12,709 Posts
Welcome to the Bros frontslide7a (y) (y)

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Welcome frontslide7a!
Where are you located?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts