The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
YNOT said:
Too light??? Gonna ask if your cock is too big, next?

Mojos don't do fast walls, well. Do them slow and graceful. Yank and pop. And I am not reffering to your cock, either.
yeah. The mojo 40 is what you'd call a tight plane, as in the tail follows the nose.

Get a chakk or mo-ass 60 if you want some good wall action. You can really get the tail out of motion with the rest of the plane with those.

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
sparkplug said:
Bring up a old post but is there that much difference in 40 and 60 mojos. And,4lp 6oz be good weight for a 40.
40 and 60 mojo's are completely different planes. 40 shoot for 4 to 4 1/4 pounds. 4lbs 6 oz is acceptable, but I wouldn't want any heavier. Mojo 60 - shoot for 6 lbs RTF, but this plane can handle weight. A lot of bro's like theirs around 7 lbs to give some inertia through maneuvers. My Mojo 60 is 6 lbs and flys like an overpowered feather.

This is why TriFlyer3d Designed the 50 size birds - Sbach 50, Chimera 50 and GBR 50. These planes are the BEST of both worlds in the 40 and 60 size planes. They retain the bigger feel of the 60 birds, yet have more snappier quality's and transportability of the 40 birds. With a 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 flying weight and TriFlyers E setup they are fantastic and incredible flyers - although mine all came out at 5 lbs 11 oz, but still fly absolutely amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I have heard so little of triflyers planes,so it is to be new guy. Do his plans still be out there,does he still fly,are there many of his bird still flying. So much to learn,so little time. But its fun,playing catch up to straightup,though i never will get there. And while you are here,how many events will you attend this year,if work allows. Were i a rich man,i would send a plane,fast one,to pick up all bros to attend nash,just think what a ride that would be. :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :drunk: Who did you say was driving. :dk: :scared: Thanks guys,get it up,all you can.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
sparkplug said:
I have heard so little of triflyers planes,so it is to be new guy. Do his plans still be out there,does he still fly,are there many of his bird still flying. So much to learn,so little time. But its fun,playing catch up to straightup,though i never will get there. And while you are here,how many events will you attend this year,if work allows. Were i a rich man,i would send a plane,fast one,to pick up all bros to attend nash,just think what a ride that would be. :lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :drunk: Who did you say was driving. :dk: :scared: Thanks guys,get it up,all you can.
You just haven't looked if you haven't heard anything of his designs. His Sbach45 is my favorite of all slabs I have flown. As far as his plans just message and he can hook you up. Some of his plans are free PDF's and some you pay him a small fee and he ships you a folded set of the plans.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Building a Tri flyer slab is a must! They fly great! The little Stix is my current favorite of all. I haven't tried any others of his yet. still looking forward to trying the Rad Yak & Slide designs as well :rockon:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
BalsaDust said:
sparkplug said:
You just haven't looked if you haven't heard anything of his designs. His Sbach45 is my favorite of all slabs I have flown. As far as his plans just message and he can hook you up. Some of his plans are free PDF's and some you pay him a small fee and he ships you a folded set of the plans.
Have you flown any of his 50 size slabs? If so why do you prefer the 45?

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Doug G said:
BalsaDust said:
sparkplug said:
Have you flown any of his 50 size slabs? If so why do you prefer the 45?
I have never flown any of his 50 size stuff.
List of his planes I have flown
Sbach45- My favorite of what I have flown
Sbach65- Flys awesome just does everything very slow
Stix27- had fun but killed it early as i covered it in tissue instead of covering
Stix41- Great fun and finally learned how to KE with it
Manta- Only a couple flights on a buddys but it was fun.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
So, being new,but willing to try,what type 50 size plane of triflyers would be good to start with. Got many 60 2st sitting,and a 82 saito. It never hurts to have extra plans around and never know when there not gettable any more. Bet your going say,55ax is the motor to use. From little i have read,he has great flying planes,are they easy to build as most,and do they use a tube.

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
sparkplug said:
So, being new,but willing to try,what type 50 size plane of triflyers would be good to start with. Got many 60 2st sitting,and a 82 saito. It never hurts to have extra plans around and never know when there not gettable any more. Bet your going say,55ax is the motor to use. From little i have read,he has great flying planes,are they easy to build as most,and do they use a tube.
Those engines you listed are a tad on the small size for the 50 birds.
Yes, all TriFlyers designs have a tube.
** Your Saito 82 would be absolutely perfect for this TriFlyer Design:
https://www.theprofilebrotherhood.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=38562

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
sparkplug said:
Looks like tryflyer 48 wins,no other entrees,must be the best. :drink:
I would still vote his Sbach48 but thats because I'm not a fan of how a Lamwing flys.

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
sparkplug said:
I dont really know the pros and cons of lamwing,so much to learn,so little time.
I personally don't like the way it stalls. To me the ones I have flown when they stall the plane just stops flying. Everyone has their preference though.

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
Plug, wing type is everyone's preference. You need to try some and see what you like.
I cut my profile "teeth" on the thick wing planes - most of us did. Mojo's, Morris Planes and Chinn Yak - all uber thick wing.
Then the primo and Sabres came a long with thin wings that fly very different - quicker and I would say snappier..
Then WF started the Lam wing craze. It worked for the P-51 right...?

Personally I like the Lam wing, now that I have a bunch of planes with it. A thick wing plane will balloon coming out of a speed build up situation - a lam wing will actually dive - just the opposite.. Lam wing is my preference now.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I never really got the the dive part of that conversation. Now that i have mojos,i will say there floatly,slow down nice for a slow plug. The slick that WF built for me is light,but fast. Thin wing and low lift,much more snappy. But not much good at low speed,is this the point.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts