The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after nearly two years' building, I finally maidened my new Mojo40.

Total weight, wet and ready to fly with a TT46Pro up front is 3lbs 10 oz -- pretty damned light.

It flies real nice and is the first slab I've had that does really nice pinwheels (I added some rudder area).

The only bad thing is that I can't break it into a decent wall.

I've moved the CG right back until it climbs upright *and* inverted but no-go.

I've upped the elevator movement to +/- 50 degrees and it still won't stall into a wall.

When I pull on elevator it just does a real sharp 90 degree nose-up and pops up about 15 feet.

My Mojo60 (and most of my other slabs) are really easy to pop into a wall and hover from forward flight. When you do it right they just don't gain much height at all.

I'm wondering if this Mojo40 is just too light to wall properly.

Anyone else got any ideas?

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
I've never had a Mojo 40 that did a decent wall. (i've had a couple)

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Strap 14oz inside the wing on the CG and fly it. If it now walls, leave it there. If not, try something else. :p

Matt

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
That's light Xjet! I can't get mine to wall either. Mine is 4lb 2oz w/ Saito 72. What you usin' for gear to keep it that light?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Too light??? Gonna ask if your cock is too big, next?

Mojos don't do fast walls, well. Do them slow and graceful. Yank and pop. And I am not reffering to your cock, either.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
too thick a wing to properly stall for a wall. omp fusion is a wallin & elevatoring machine

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Your Mojo isn't too light.......your servos are too slow. ;)

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
McDDD said:
Your Mojo isn't too light.......your servos are too slow. ;)
I'll swap out the 0.12 second 8.5Kg/cm servo I've got on elevator and throw in an 0.08 sec 11.5Kg servo I've got here.

However, I think it is (as others have said) that the wing is just too fat and you can't rotate it fast enough to get into the stall before the model has shot upwards with the extra lift as the AOA increases.

Although, having said that, my GeeBee profile does great walls and it's wing is as fat as a Mojo's so I'm probably wrong. The GeeBee has real slow servos though (0.16).

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Ron can back me up on this one, my 3 lb 8-10oz mojo never flew as well as my 4.5 lb one did, to floaty and would transition through a stall right.

Think Laminar baby!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Mojo's don't do walls people!!! I've had several. Get a Yak. Or fusion. Something with a longer tail moment!!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yep.....longer tail moment and thinner airfoil if you want the Mojo to transition more cleanly. This trait (thick wing, moment) of the Mojo is one of the characteristics that makes it quite stable and that some people don't care for.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
anything will wall. you just gotta find the sweet spot on the throws. too much is not always a good thing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts