The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Have you ever flown a Crack Yak XL? Just wondering how it compares in flight. It's a pretty thick EPP model, and pricey for a foamy as are most of the Twisted Hobbies lineup.
I haven't flown a Crack Yak XL, so I don't really know how it would directly compare to a Revolto.
If you're talking about the 43" Crak YakXL with the full flying stab, I've flown it. I currently own the Revolto and 43" Edge; I have the 43" CYXL in the box. Have flown a friend's CrakYakXL, and it is more aggressive than the 43" Edge or Veloxity, with much more tail authority, but not nearly as aggressive as the Revolto. My 43" Edge is pretty tired; will be putting the 43" CY together this fall. I love my 43" Edge; I think I'll be liking the CYXL even better :)

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Do invest in the carbon fiber upgrade at least for the control horns.

The 3D printed control horns are not holding up.

Replacing the elevator control horn on the full flying stab is a pain.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The printed hardware sucks! I emailed Twisted about it; they said they would pass it on to the factory. Yeah, right. other than that, though, these are high-quality kits, with precut carbon trusses and such, and decent hardware like the linkages and such. Do yourself a favor and put a layer of 6oz cloth on back of firewall--makes it WAY tougher and is 1000 times cheaper than their carbon firewall or their stupid aluminum firewall, which bends anyway...

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Cartman was so excited about the Ironman that he tagged three birds in about 10 seconds.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you're talking about the 43" Crak YakXL with the full flying stab, I've flown it. I currently own the Revolto and 43" Edge; I have the 43" CYXL in the box. Have flown a friend's CrakYakXL, and it is more aggressive than the 43" Edge or Veloxity, with much more tail authority, but not nearly as aggressive as the Revolto. My 43" Edge is pretty tired; will be putting the 43" CY together this fall. I love my 43" Edge; I think I'll be liking the CYXL even better :)
Thanks for the input, it may be my next foamy.

·
Registered
12,605 Posts
Ironman was fun - and over fast as Latch said. Latches bird came out the worst. Mine needs a stab fix, motor glued back on and rear main wing spar fix - it will be repaired for next years Ironman. McDDD's didn't get a scratch.. :D

101 - 108 of 108 Posts