The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner

If I were a drinking man..........

1730 Views 30 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Mike Bogh
If I were a drinking man.......... I'd be crying in my beer.
Here I am, trying to get my Burrito ready for Nashville. It seems fate is against me. Last weekend, I thought; Hey, I got all weekend!! Lets finish this thing. Maybe even do a maiden on sunday. NOT!!!!

Here's the thing. The weekend is over with. I work an average of 12 to 14 hours a day at work. Like tonight, I couldn't leave work til after 8PM because of a customer. I get home, take a shower, grab some eats, and its back on the Burrito, before its time fer bed.

Here's what I got accomplished tonight. Took me over an hour, but I got the second servo to work with the "other" airleron. What a pain in the ass. After that, I see its almost time fer bed, so I "fuel proof" one side of the motor mount.

So here's what I got left:
mount the motor.
mount the throttle servo and linkage.
finish the radio installation.
landing gear.
fuel tank.
add trim colors.
make shipping box.
ship it next monday or tueday.

It doesn't sound like much, but lately I'm lucky if I can work 1 or 2 hours a night on this thing. I DON'T WANNA COME TO NASHVILLE AND BE A #@#@#$$#$ SPECTATOR !!!!!!! BillyHell, you got a job fer someone without a plane ?? Oh right !!! its not an organised event. Just a bunch of guys having fun.

I still want to do at least one maiden flight on this thing, before I ship it. Right now, I ain't gonna be picky about amounts of throw. I figure I can mess with "tweaking" over there.

Damn, I feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I wish I could tell my customers to Fuck off. ( hope none read this !!! )

TWISTER and YNOT......... You were right. it appears that Fedex and UPS isn't an option. UPS - package is too big. Fedex wants over 300 bucks for express saver ?? how does this save ? checked out Greyhounds freight, they say they can get it there in 3 days or less for ONLY $35.00 ??? Get real. Gonna have to check this out further.

Aw Shit.............. I forgot. RULE #1. NO WHINING!!!!!!!!!!
Dammit Dan.........
BUCK UP !!!!
and get it done.
:shock:
See less See more
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Yeah yeah BUCK UP and get'er done !!!

Be thankful you get to go. Some of us are up freezing our ass of who, despite their best efforts, don't get to go. Even as a spectator/instigator.

BTW more coffee and less sleep !!!!!
First off, you need to realize that MANY planes have shown up at ProBro events with MORE left to do!! Every time there is at least one guy with a half finished plane to get in the air by Sat afternoon!!

Second.......there will be plenty of guys that will hand over their Tx for you to fondel, and I don't want to hear shit like: "I don't like to fly other guys birds" 'cause we're all brothers and you'd do your brothers girlfriend if he wanted you to, right? :lol:

There have been times when guys have flown other's planes more than their own, and I for one am not shy, just ask Paul and Chucky!!! 8)

Now quit your whining, if you got time to sleep, you got time to build!!!!! :roll:
I'm in the same boat..... Thanks for the kick in the ass Gordo! Guess I'll pull my boots up a Lil tighter and Get-er-done!
Gordo said:
First off, you need to realize that MANY planes have shown up at ProBro events with MORE left to do!! Every time there is at least one guy with a half finished plane to get in the air by Sat afternoon!!

Second.......there will be plenty of guys that will hand over their Tx for you to fondel, and I don't want to hear shit like: "I don't like to fly other guys birds" 'cause we're all brothers and you'd do your brothers girlfriend if he wanted you to, right? :lol:

There have been times when guys have flown other's planes more than their own, and I for one am not shy, just ask Paul and Chucky!!! 8)

Now quit your whining, if you got time to sleep, you got time to build!!!!! :roll:
What Gordo said...................
I got plenty of time to build but nothing to start on.
waiting on my Burrito, patiently.
Crap man, You probably could have done half the shit on your list in the time it took to write that post! :lol:
Thanks for "Bucking me up", All. Ass kinda sore, so wearing a skillet fer protection. :D

For What it is worth:

So here's what I got left:
mount the motor. ------------------------------DONE
mount the throttle servo and linkage. -----DONE
finish the radio installation. ------------------80%
landing gear. ------------------------------------90% (need a long bolt)
fuel tank. ------------------------------------ buy tommorrow.
add trim colors.
make shipping box.
ship it next monday or tueday. ---------- Looks like Greyhound is a "GO"

Damn. I sure feel better. 8)
See less See more
That's what Brothers are for man......well, that and giving you shit all day and all night!! :lol:
ALL DONE !!!!!!!!!
Well almost. close enough to take a pic.
Just a few tiny items left.
MAIDEN flight saturday, weather permitting.
Will add trim blobs tomorrow

Attachments

See less See more
See, that wasn't so bad. And you even get to fly it before the Nashville ProBro? That's well above average man, be proud!!
Nice looking bitch! Anybody notice the computer in the background? :p

Richard
Gordo wrote,
I don't want to hear shit like: "I don't like to fly other guys birds"
Hey Gordo! You got enough gas left in it for my turn?

Gordo wrote,
you'd do your brothers girlfriend if he wanted you to, right?
Well, if she was hot hell yea! If she wasn't it might depend on who else would know about it... Something about an ugly chick and a moped?

DanHoH wrote,
Damn. I sure feel better.
LOL, you should. You look like either; you just shit yourself in the chair, smoked a fatty, or were, "gettin down on it" just before the pic :-D Then again, it might just be those 14 hour days.

Glad you got it done! Looking forward to meeting you there.

Rik
See less See more
nice lookin plane. check my avatar. hehe.

jeff
Yeah, I noticed the PC in the background! What the hell kinda sick perverted website ya lookin' at???

Damn, that would be this one! That's one way to get motivated and I have to admit that as I type this the TE sheeting is drying on my Burrito.
IT FLIES !!!!!!!!! IT FLIES REALLY GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

I did have my troubles though.......... :shock: not the planes fault.
I had "Rushitis", and got really Cross-FUcked. Bad. :shock:

In any case, the Burriito will be shipped this morning. :D :D
I'm gonna be on my way !!!!
:tu:

More deatils on my ordeal tonight. Its quite the story!!
DanHoH said:
More deatils on my ordeal tonight. Its quite the story!!
Might be a good time to take up drinking! :lol:
Good job Duuude. You will have a blast in Nashville...

Glad you got it finished because Seeloff is going to need everyones help so he can finish his Top Cap... :lol:
Bizzaro Bill said:
Good job Duuude. You will have a blast in Nashville...

Glad you got it finished because Seeloff is going to need everyones help so he can finish his Top Cap... :lol:
LOL :lol:
As promised.......... the rest of the story.

I took the Virgin Burrito to the Field Sat for its fisrt Maiden. I get the engine going for its first time, run it rich for a few minuites. OK, enough of that, time to fly. I grab a hold of it, hold vertical, and jam the throttle. As the engine runs up, Plenty of thrust is noted. Put it on the ground and taxi out. Checked the engine once more......... and let 'er rip.

One thousnad and one.... One thous....... Why is it rolling like that ?? SPLAT !!!! Oh SHIT !!! This can't be good. THis can't be good at all.
As I'm walking to the bird, I'm already thinking......... Did I fuck up? What happened?? OK, I'm on top of the Burrito, moved the airlerons, and I'm just sick. In my Rushitis... I crossfucked myself with the airlerons. OH FUck, oh fuck. Fuse is busted in half right behind the wing. Its just hanging on, by the control rods. The CF rod landed about 2 foot away from the plane after impact.

I pick the poor thing and start walking back. Getting MAD..... ooo was I mad. and I wanna ship this monday? All this at 2PM saturday. I loaded everything into the truck to go home, I decide right then and there, that I'm goona fix it.

Hum the "MATRIX" music right here. Calling the Operator (as if I could talk on a cell phone) "Operator??"
Yah, download to me, DR Swany's ER Procedures.
Got It, Ready to Recieve???
dit dit dah dah dit dah.
OK, got it. hangs up.

Stop at the local hardware store, for some supplies. Got it all home and into the garage. Step right into my ER;

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.