The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, what has happened to I3D? Is this still going to happen, or has it fizzled?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Yeah, I was sorta wondering the same thing. I signed up, paid my dues and it has been all silent since then.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
good that I just signed up but then opted to no pay my dues. :wink:
Besides advertising on RCU I have not seen much of I3D :roll: Heck, I havn't seen a Fly In being scheduled from I3D :(

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did pay my dues, and even recieved an e-mail from them saying that I would soon be recieving my membership package. I haven't seen anything yet, and would like to know if this has just gone away or what? I did a search on RCU earlier for I3D, but didn't find their pop up. (May just be my computer illiteracy!) I'm not accusing anyone here of anything, but I would like to know what is going on?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yup what is up ???
I have sent a couple of PM's but no answer. I do know that some of the people that started I3D are still active here and on RCU.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Hi guys. I have talked to Tony a few times over the last couple of months about this. I'm sure he'll come on and explain for himself, but it is still ongoing, just slowed down. Tony is one busy guy, like all of us. Despair not though, he is still working towards the goal and has a great team of guys and I believe we will be glad we were part of the start of I3D.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Well, I know I was the last to post, but I talked to Tony tonight and he asked me to add a bit. He has some of the stuff to send out and had been dealing with a vendor on the rest. These things can be a pain at first.

He's computer down for annother day or so, but he'll get on here soon, and I'm sure it'll be moving again in a visable way. Frome the conversations I've had with him and others, I can tell you things have been progressing at a steady pace. We'll just need to communicate a bit more, that's all.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to hear that everything is still on track. I'd really like to see this get big! Thanks for the info, Gordo!

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Yes guys, a little patience is in order. I3D will be a viable entity, but Tony got snowed under (life does that sometimes), and our first nomination for President turned out to be pretty much a circle jerk, so the wind fell from the sails. Tony is getting his second wind, and will be back on track soon.

As for the structure of I3D, there must be officers soon. If anyone can volunteer their name as a nominee for an office, that will help get us going. We need a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. All positions must be voted upon, and job descriptions are available at the I3D site in the bylaws. Even though there are separate positions, the officers will functionas a Board of Directors, and all will have equal voting rights, except the President, on most issues. The President votes only in the case of a tie. Have a look at our suggested bylaws, they must be voted into effect too, and see if any of the jobs sound good to you.

After officers and bylaws are voted into effect, things will be moving much better. We need a leadership team, to take some of the pressure off of Tony, as he has a "real life" too.

Thanks for the patience,

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it sounded like I was pointing fingers or if anyone took offense then I apologize. I was just wanting to know the status as I had not heard anything in quite some time. I don't mind being patient as long as I'm kept informed.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
You're 100% right Razor Man. You were kind and clear, just wanted to know. No foul there man.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Razor, I also didn't take offense to your post. I recently asked the same questions as you. Now that I know Tony is getting back focused, I feel better. I put quite some effort into my part of the I3D startup, and also look forward to a bit of progress.

Like Gordo said, no foul.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know, this would be a really good time to get I3D going strong. What with the problems with the St. Louis Pro Bro event, this would be a good oppurtunity to show our strength and resolve. If we could get this thing off of the ground, I'd like to offer to put on the first ever official I3D fly-in! If we could get a good turn out and put on a rockin' show, then other clubs might just sit up and take notice! :twisted:

G

·
I will donate my time as any officer that has as much power as possible. Now that I'm a power freak, it's just I know how to get things done. I have been involved in over a dozen not for profit organizations and many for profits, I would like to hit this one head on against anyone who gets in our way. We need to make a 3D special interest group now so the AMA will recognize us when we speak.

Gordo you said this would take up to a year to become an AMA SIG? Why not 24 hours? I'm not exactly sure what the criteria for and AMA SIG is, however all we have to do is the bare minimum for each piece just to become identified.

Honestly I could have fought for the Pro-Bro here in St. Louis. However even the 3D pilots here is the city didn't even care enough to join in my battle. There was even one "Pro-Bro" at the last meeting I spoke at claiming that the Pro-Bros don't mind hovering on the other side of the runway. You know what I wanted to say to him, but I could not. How do you win a fight when you have a so called fellow Pro-Bro on their side.

Lets get moving. There is no reason to wait. Let's not sit around and bicker about by-laws and internal politics. Lets get 3-4 motivated guys together, focus towards a common goal and go fight. The pieces will fall together during the learning curve, not beforehand.

By the way, Happy Easter everyone.

Sincerely,
Dion Cini

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
TeamOMP3 said:
Gordo you said this would take up to a year to become an AMA SIG? Why not 24 hours? I'm not exactly sure what the criteria for and AMA SIG is, however all we have to do is the bare minimum for each piece just to become identified.
OK, first, as I said, contact Tony and offer your help. He is the point man. As to the time table, as you said, you need to know the criteria. Research that, and realize it takes time to get a serious group organized. We don't want to do the bare minimum for anything. I for one am glad you guys at OMP don't do the bare minimum, your quality is way better than that!!!

The AMA doesn't have to listen to us at all, SIG or not. We have to impress them, and have a show of power. We can't do that at this time and it's better to be prepared before you show your hand!

There are a group of guys that have worked hard on I3D, they will continue as best they can. And I'm sure they will accept help if it is needed. All officers will need to be voted on of course, as well as the bylaws.

Dion, have you written your VP and Dave Brown regarding the next EC meeting and the vote on Rule 9? Any chance you can join us in Muncie on the 24th? I am getting a group together (I hope anyway) to show we mean bussiness.

G

·
I only meant the bare minimum criteria to become an AMA SIG. After we become one, then we can work in the remainder % of keeping us afloat as recognized SIG. Honestly I am not looking to impress the AMA with my quality of work, I am looking to get the job done as swiftly as possible.

As far as #9 goes, it does not bother me that much. If the AMA did not take the time to make such rules, then organizations like the I3D would not be formed. It takes movements like that to get things going. I will gladly help fight it however.

Also let it be known that OMP has nothing to do with AMA politics and is not getting involved at this time. This is just me personally on my own as a fellow Pro-Bro. I'm sure you guys understand why.

G

·
Wanye look at my previous post to yours. Almost identical response posted at the exact same time. Great minds think alike I guess.

It's VERY important to be "recognized" in politics. It seperates you from the radicals who just want to raise their fists and hold up their flags. It puts you on the top of the steps in a chair instead of down on the ground in the mass.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Here is a link to the form for AMA recognition, so you have some info to work off of. I'm all for speed, done right. Contact Tony to offer your services. Wayne, are you up for an office????

Dion, I know that OMP is not you, I was just saying that OMP quality is good because you don't do the minimum. Or as Wayne so aptly said, I don't want anything half-assed!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/templates/ ... es/158.pdf

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
From the discussions I've had with AMA poeple, and those who started Combat and FF SIGs, there is no gaurantee of recognition, and they were turned down several times. I didn't get an answer to why.

I wish Tony was around, I hope you guys realize I don't speak for I3D, I just have been talking to Tony about helping to expedite this process, and he is very short of time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts