The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have manage to ruin 2 main bearings while trying to replace.
Did the freezer/ heat trick. cant get them to seat straight or completely
Just frustrated now.

Is there anyone on the site who will do a rebuild?
I have all the parts, except main bearings .lol

· Registered
3,159 Posts
I dont freeze them,just takes heat,bit more than one might think. I use a propane sun heater,hold over till the case smokes and bearings just tap in. Tell more if you will on how you were doing it if you want,it should not be that hard. Heat is the trick,propane glow heater does it quick.

· Registered
8,495 Posts
Freeze the bearing, heat the case to about 300. Use a small amount of thin oil or castor to help them in. No hammering required on any of the 50 or so 100's I've rebuilt, they usually just drop in, unless the bearings are off size chinesium. If they need help in, use a proper size socket that is near the OD of the outer race.

Reactions: McGoo and gus

· Registered
752 Posts
The key is to make sure they stay square to the opening. If they get the slightest bit crooked you will have problems. If you have already had one get crooked make sure there is no damage to the pocket for the bearing.

· Registered
172 Posts
I have used these and after freezing the bearing and heating the case they went in with a little persuasion.

· Registered
14,069 Posts
Have a socket with a diameter slightly smaller than the outer race to help drive it in. It will also help keeping it square.

· Registered
20,274 Posts
What thumbskull said

if you have ruined two bearings than you’ve probably ruined your case too. Or your case was warped to begin with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts