The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't ya just luv South Park.

Killed? Thats not really the right word, more like it stalled and I didn't try to restart it. I was willing to let it die.

I was expecting more help than I got. Flip side it, I didn't ask for additional help. I should have, however I didn't. I just figured there was no support for it, people didn't want it, so I was allowing it to die.

Come to find out, there is a call for it, I just didn't know it. Just, lack of communication. Cool Rat song BTW.

Work be kicking my ass more this year than in years past. I don't have the time, however there are people who have a little time and more important than that, they are willing to put forth more of an effort then I am able to do at this time.

After long in depth conversations with Brother Gordo, he and a small Band of Brothers are willing to take I3D and make it the way we invisioned it.

I am unable to do it, I wish I could. I want to see I3D happen and the only way for it to happen is to let other run with it.

With recent event involving people being seriously hurt, there needs to be a powerful voice for the 3D Pilot. I3D is it.

There needs to be support, Gordo and the Bros are going to need it, we all need to get behind them.

Let's make it happin, Captain.

Tony D

And if ya want yer 5 bucks back, I will personally refund it, Gordo :D

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
It's Ratt, and fuck Gordo..I want my $5 back or I'll take a cool I3D Membership card as a memento to how stupid I was to send $5 to your ass in the first place.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Thanks Tony............for the idea and the work you put into it.

Thanks Chuck.......for being an ass. What would we do without you!!! You're signed up as official spokesman :lol:

Anyway, let me say this. I'm not stepping in to take over where Tony left off. It's more of a restart, and I'll reunite the leadership team and hopefully a new "top Man" will emerge that will lead us to greatness.

I haven't heard one person say we don't need a SIG to represent the 3D pilot. Let me say as I always do, it's not the Brotherhood per say, but the Bros will be at the center, as they have been.

I will get in touch with the guys who have been involved in this already. If you haven't, but HAVE TIME and will participate, contact me. Use your head, is your reputation such that you should do this? And will you really follow through? We can't faulter again....

Ok, one last thing. Here's my promise. I will see this through to the next phase, or I will officially announce it's death. We won't let it whither on the vine. If you've been frusterated, we get that. And we will try to earn back your trust. But we won't let it lie dormant.

Thank you..........and goodnight.

PS Chuck, what's the email you want it refunded to??? :twisted:

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Tater said:
Speaking for myself & the newer Bro's...
What the hell are you talking about?
...and start from the beginning.
Oh you wet behind the ears little .........I mean.......Once upon a time.............

Well, basically we need a SIG (special interest group, like the IMAA or IMAC) to represent us to the AMA "officially" and I3D was to be that, and will be that.

Go to www.international3D.com to see it laid out.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I wasn't around for the first round of $5 member cards, but where do I send mine now?

-barrett

edit : oh and that site is for some 3d computer graphics designer.

·
Banned
17,001 Posts
I'll help, Gordo. Just let me know what you need. I think 3d fliers do need representation at a.m.a.; a thousand member sig would probably open their eyes to how big 3d is.

And billy is right, it should be kept separate from the brotherhood; A lobby group could have some pull with ama, but ama would also have some control over the lobbying group.

The brotherhood needs to stand ALONE, uninfluenced by anyone but the bros. Not partnered with any other organization.

Which brings up another point; I really think it's cool that OMP offered to foot the bill for this website. HOWEVER, It's still our ship and billy's still the captain. and while I'd like to see omp advertise here, and maybe do a few build threads on some of their products (I like the idea of seeing what I'm buying), it's still OUR site! The guys at omp are brothers and should have input as such. Let's keep it like that, O.K.?

-that's just what I think.-

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Hey Cap'n crunch. Thanks for the support, but we'll be waiting a while to ask for dues from anyone. We have to be ready for it and we're not. Stay tuned.

Just sign up w/o $ and make sure we have your proper contact info.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
I never send in my $5 because I knew this was going to happen. We need no 3D SIG we are already a SIG (or would that be sick) bunch of guys that have their own rules and interests. :D

Don't want to hurt anybodies feeling's here and I know you guys put a lot of effort in it, but this is not I3D it's the Pro Bro's :p

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Texas 3D said:
I never send in my $5 because I knew this was going to happen. We need no 3D SIG we are already a SIG (or would that be sick) bunch of guys that have their own rules and interests. :D
Well, you're entitled to an opinion, regardless of the degree of error contained within!! :)

If you want to be ASKED next time there is an asshole starting a "rule #9" deal, we need a SIG. If AMA wants input from 3Ders, where do they go? Nowhere, that's where. They make 1000 assumptions and there is no organized voice to tell them different.

If the are talking about rules for Racing, they go to the SIG. Same if they want input into Giants or whatever.

Point of interest, you see the content of MA? That control line stuff is there because of the SIG.

We will look out for your interests anyway Ulf, even if you're not part of it! :p

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I dont have close ties in the industry. What I do have is time and drive. If I can help with something please let me know. I was an original donater and I still agree that we (3D'ers) need a SIG. Its like WI not having anyone in congress to support us. WE NEED A VOICE.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.