The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
DanHoH said:
GATOR said:
I been working 6 day weeks for the last 5 weeks
Knowing who you work for, thats gotta SUCK. Not only 6 days a week, but I'm guessing over 10 hours a day as well.....

OK. I'm DONE with that part..........

Gator, you just suck. It just ain't RIGHT. Just not RIGHT at all. Again, YOU SUCK!!!!!! The bar is so fucking out up there, its just impossible now.

RIGHTEUOS, DUDE!!!!!!!!!
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
:shock: :shock: :D 8)
GARY put the bar up there, not me :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,321 Posts
GATOR said:
the only white is on the bottom of the wing, the orange covering is ultracoat dark yellow with orange lusterkote sprayed ontop
:oops: Thanks for the info. I see now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
GATOR said:
DanHoH said:
GATOR said:
I been working 6 day weeks for the last 5 weeks
Knowing who you work for, thats gotta SUCK. Not only 6 days a week, but I'm guessing over 10 hours a day as well.....

OK. I'm DONE with that part..........

Gator, you just suck. It just ain't RIGHT. Just not RIGHT at all. Again, YOU SUCK!!!!!! The bar is so fucking out up there, its just impossible now.

RIGHTEUOS, DUDE!!!!!!!!!
:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
:shock: :shock: :D 8)
GARY put the bar up there, not me :D
:shock: :oops: sorry :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
I've seen those gator skin tank pics on Kustom Kulture Lounge. They were painted by a guy in Austrailia.

What's your user name on there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
bwd said:
Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.
that looks like some killer stuff, I saw on one of your other post that you have a vinyl cutter and produce mask with it. Was this gas tank done with a mask cut from the vinyl cutter. I just got a vinyl cutter and would be interested in cutting mask rather thatn the "hand-job" I did to make my gator skin template

heres what I got so far
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,321 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
this tank was done all free hand, by a guy in Australia. Think he did a how to on it.Just can't remember where.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
Excellent job Gator!! Your gonna bring that to Posey this weekend so we can check it out right?!?!?!? :D Really very nice work!!!! Keep painting!! And keep the photos coming! :tu:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
thanks guys

Gary sorry I wont make posey this weekend, plane still needs a few more hours of work before its ready to fly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
bwd said:
this tank was done all free hand, by a guy in Australia. Think he did a how to on it.Just can't remember where.
Here's the quick explaination by the guy who did the tank and fenders right from the Kustom Kulture Lounge site.

"Yeah I have, took me about 20 hrs. Did it all free hand. Couldn't see any quick way about it. Unless you can somehow create individual stencils for each scale. Which in my opinion would be even more difficult.

I just approached it by painting the panels grey, then outlining the shapes of the scales with white. These white lines ended up being the highlights for the scales. I then went in with black and added the shadows and texture. Then i went back to the white and added little highlights.
The sides faded to black, and the scales also reduced in size. I let the customer see it prior to clearcoat, and he wanted the scales to be less visible, so I lowered the contrast by spraying a bit of black over the whole lot. He was happy. The final image is what we ended up with, before clearcoat."
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,321 Posts
GATOR said:
bwd said:
Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.
that looks like some killer stuff, I saw on one of your other post that you have a vinyl cutter and produce mask with it. Was this gas tank done with a mask cut from the vinyl cutter. I just got a vinyl cutter and would be interested in cutting mask rather thatn the "hand-job" I did to make my gator skin template

heres what I got so far
I still have this hanging in my garage.. It's on my short list to complete this fall.. Can't wait to get it flying again. Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,547 Posts
Straightup said:
GATOR said:
bwd said:
Here's another way of doing it. Will save you hours of work. but what Gator has done with his patience, would have drinen me crazy Nice work.
that looks like some killer stuff, I saw on one of your other post that you have a vinyl cutter and produce mask with it. Was this gas tank done with a mask cut from the vinyl cutter. I just got a vinyl cutter and would be interested in cutting mask rather thatn the "hand-job" I did to make my gator skin template

heres what I got so far
I still have this hanging in my garage.. It's on my short list to complete this fall.. Can't wait to get it flying again. Should be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude you are a hoarding bastage!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,321 Posts
It will be flying this summer.
In process of gear up now.... :D :D :D :rockon:
 

Attachments

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Top