The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
General question as I map out the Fusion build:

Is it worthwhile to do flaperons and/or elevator flap mixing on this type of plane?

I messed around with both many years ago on sport planes but never saw much benefit other than the old 'Fun Fly' contests where you were scored on number of loops in X seconds, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,419 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I usually set my planes up with spoilerons as it helps me harrier easier. Better pilots may not need it, but I do!

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
All of my 3D planes use flapperons with an elevator to flap mix controlled by a momentary switch (ie. trainer switch). Pull to activate, release to deactivate. The elevator to flapperons mix can drastically shorten the takeoff run to the point the plane almost jumps off of the ground as soon as the throttle is applied. The mix will also tighten up inside and outside loops. Sometimes it helps to enter and stay in a flat spin, but not on all planes. The amount of flap defection is controlled by a side lever, although this always stays at full throw position on the 3D planes.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is there a solution for keeping the covering on the v1 fusions other than going electric ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Is there a solution for keeping the covering on the v1 fusions other than going electric ?
On other glow ships I’ve used 30 min epoxy, thinned as needed with alcohol, usually isopropyl. Try to find 100% ( no water added) Paint it on the seams, edges and any exposed wood.

·
Registered
574 Posts
That's basic fuel proofing 101 for immediately behind (tank compartment) the firewall and forward of it if the engine mounting beams are wood.

I'm not real sure I'd like the looks, especially on the white covering as epoxy is yellow.
or how well that mixture would hold up on iron on film.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I used to have a RC Guys Decathlon which had notoriously bad covering that would come loose if you looked at it wrong. I took strips of Doculam and ironed it over the seams to keep it in place. Worked pretty well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well , getting ready to start the build. All parts on hand, hopefully. One more call for a manual or I’ll have a bunch of questions ;).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts