The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Just joined hoping for some help with a recent find.
I picked up a mystery ARF Profile in an estate sale situation. Looks complete but no manual and no ID on the box or parts.
It also came with a decent looking hardware package, not shown.

After a lot of Googling, it seems to be an OMP Fusion 67. Apparently they are long gone..

So, I'm hoping for a manual and/or any specs/tips/etc. that may be in the tribal knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Rectangle Automotive design Asphalt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sparkplug, Thanks for the response. I can fake the assembly and setup if needed, but it would be great to have specifics on the control linkages and throws. I'm planning a Saito 125, if I can talk a club buddy out of it. Lots of used glow stuff around with the move to electric..

As for my intro, I'm in the NW corner of Washington state. I fly at two nice club fields in the area. I've been flying R/C for a long time, started in 1964..
I fly a variety including helis, indoor, some scale ships, but mostly I fly 3D ish stuff. I have a few flat foamies that have survived from the heyday of Depron , an Uproar V2 and an ultra stick currently.
In the past I've had several profiles, mostly 40 size. In fact, in all my years of modeling, I've not had a plane larger than the old "60 size" . I'm looking forward to getting into the larger stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still hoping for a manual, but I've been piecing together info from this and other sites.
One question is servos. Most of my on hand ones are in the 'standard' range for 40-60 size planes. What should I have for Fusion 67 profile? Would Hitec 645Mg's be ok? Specs seem good and the price is affordable..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks . It might help if I describe my flying style:

I'm coming up on my 7th decade and have been a full size (and R/C) pilot for a good portion of of that time..I like maneuverable aircraft but can't bring myself to deliberately abuse them with 'Stick banging ' style flying. Call it 2.5 D maybe ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all for the help. The Fusion is about #2 in my “ Get to it” queue. I have the Saito 125 in hand and am shopping for the servos. I appreciate the advice/ encouragement to use the good servos, I’m sure it will be worth it.
Still looking for the manual 😉. But I’ll wing it if needed. I may be looking for specific advice as the build starts.

BC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts