The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Just joined hoping for some help with a recent find.
I picked up a mystery ARF Profile in an estate sale situation. Looks complete but no manual and no ID on the box or parts.
It also came with a decent looking hardware package, not shown.

After a lot of Googling, it seems to be an OMP Fusion 67. Apparently they are long gone..

So, I'm hoping for a manual and/or any specs/tips/etc. that may be in the tribal knowledge.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Motor vehicle Vehicle Rectangle Automotive design Asphalt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sparkplug, Thanks for the response. I can fake the assembly and setup if needed, but it would be great to have specifics on the control linkages and throws. I'm planning a Saito 125, if I can talk a club buddy out of it. Lots of used glow stuff around with the move to electric..

As for my intro, I'm in the NW corner of Washington state. I fly at two nice club fields in the area. I've been flying R/C for a long time, started in 1964..
I fly a variety including helis, indoor, some scale ships, but mostly I fly 3D ish stuff. I have a few flat foamies that have survived from the heyday of Depron , an Uproar V2 and an ultra stick currently.
In the past I've had several profiles, mostly 40 size. In fact, in all my years of modeling, I've not had a plane larger than the old "60 size" . I'm looking forward to getting into the larger stuff.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Saito 125 is a great choice unless you also have a YS 110 or 115. Should be cake even without the manual. CG for 3D is conservatively at 30% average chord with many opting for 35%.

Reactions: jibracer13

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still hoping for a manual, but I've been piecing together info from this and other sites.
One question is servos. Most of my on hand ones are in the 'standard' range for 40-60 size planes. What should I have for Fusion 67 profile? Would Hitec 645Mg's be ok? Specs seem good and the price is affordable..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks . It might help if I describe my flying style:

I'm coming up on my 7th decade and have been a full size (and R/C) pilot for a good portion of of that time..I like maneuverable aircraft but can't bring myself to deliberately abuse them with 'Stick banging ' style flying. Call it 2.5 D maybe ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Thanks . It might help if I describe my flying style:

I'm coming up on my 7th decade and have been a full size (and R/C) pilot for a good portion of of that time..I like maneuverable aircraft but can't bring myself to deliberately abuse them with 'Stick banging ' style flying. Call it 2.5 D maybe ;)
I fly pretty hard but I call what I do a bit less than full 3D. With that said I’ve found that the higher end Power HD servos to be bullet proof in several airframes in your Fusions size range. I’ve used lots of the R25s but backed off to the 23KGs for my last bird which I haven’t flown yet. I’ve used lots of brands and price ranges, in my opinion these are fine. I’m sure others will recommend more name brand stuff and I certainly have no objections to them. I’ve done quite a bit of flying with these over the last few years and have yet to have an issue.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
For your 70th birthday, treat yourself to a set of Savox 1258 servos for that Fusion. They are light years better than the Hitec 645. The faster and more accurate Savox 1258 will make that Fusion far more enjoyable to fly.

Reactions: Boxo53 and Bolio

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Plus one on this recomendation👍

Reactions: Boxo53

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Welcome to the Bro's Boxo53.
Plus 2 on McDDD recommendation. Everything I have 50 size and up has those and they are incredible.
I went to higher end servo's kicking and screaming because I'm cheap, and because I thought my thumbs would never be able to tell the difference. Wow! What a difference. The difference in the flying qualities of a plane with Savox servo's are more than worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
That's one of the most delightful planes in the profile realm! I built one long time ago from a kit and still hasn't found any plane that matches the flying quality.
The Saito 125 is an excellent choice, but mine was powered by a YS 110. With a 16x6 Xoar was hovering at 1/3 throttle and climb was like the plane wasn't there!!
Low rates will give you nice pattern solid flight. At 3D rates the plane becomes an animal!! Easy to harrier and hover.
You, my friend have found a treasure!!
Also the servo recommendations given above is right on the money. This lady deserves good servos!
Hope it last a long life! Mine was retired after many flight due to high fuel cost but the airframe was worn out.
Saludos!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all for the help. The Fusion is about #2 in my “ Get to it” queue. I have the Saito 125 in hand and am shopping for the servos. I appreciate the advice/ encouragement to use the good servos, I’m sure it will be worth it.
Still looking for the manual 😉. But I’ll wing it if needed. I may be looking for specific advice as the build starts.

BC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts