The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone flying free flight? I flew quite a bit of free flight when I was a kid but not since. I ran into some really cool videos on YouTube & decided to build a 18” Embryo, working on covering now. I know very little about free flight but finding out there is a lot more to it than I realized. Just something different to play with.
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

· Registered
20,274 Posts
Same. I built and flew every guillow’s kit I could find. Dozens of them. The stagger wing flew best if I remember right. Best of all was a live wire I scratched. Looked kind of like a buzzard bombshell.
I had as much fun as a kid with whitewings paper gliders and tissue and rubber free flights as I do now with rc.
but I can’t answer your question or offer any advise. It’s been almost 30 years since I played with any of that.

· Registered
12,710 Posts
Nice work. (y) (y) Very intricate!

· Registered
6,135 Posts
I've built two free flight. fourty and twenty years ago. Once was mine, the other was helping my son build the same kit. Tissue paper covering. Cool, but I think I'll stick with RC stuff.

· Registered
61 Posts
I still dabble with them.
It’s a real challenge to trim and get them to fly so they will stay reasonably close.
2 years ago I went to SMALL. A buddy gave me a peanut size Spook to give to someone who would enjoy it. There was a father with a son and daughter that were flying some peanut scale stuff. A Lacy M10 I believe. I wound up giving it to them. The spook had a small brushed motor with a 25mah 1s battery. It had a timer that was set by putting a 9v battery across 2 wires. The lower the voltage the less time it would run. It would fly in perfect 50’ diameter climbing circles to the left under power and glide back down in the same size right hand circles.
When I got back home I told my friend how great he had trimmed it and how perfect it flew. He told me he hadn’t flown it since he built it…
Better lucky than good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts