The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found two NIB FoMoJo kits on eBay a couple weeks ago. I decided the VH Giles was too old and ugly so I eviscerated it and threw all the stuffings, pushrods and control horns onto the jo.
This very old 1/4” Depron foamy is only .3oz heavier than the EPP Giles.

I’m excited for this one.

Building Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Audio equipment

Font Automotive exterior Road surface Wood Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, that’s an OG Yeti hanging next to it. Built that last year. Though I wasn’t impressed and probro BLewis bought it (and still needs to pick it up!)

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the maiden didn’t go so well.
The 2206 motor from VH has a built in mount and it’s VERY thin. It had a crack that I JB welded when I took it off the Giles. Well it failed so the motor came off. Luckily no damage to the airframe. But boy did it fly well until then. CG is perfect and KE is very clean. It could roll a little faster but I like how it feels all around.
I’ll order another motor.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Looks like a good flier. Depron just is too damned brittle for my thumbs unfortunately lol

·
Registered
12,641 Posts
Looks fun. I saw that one for sale on ebay.

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What’s your setup?
I picked one of those up a while back.
Where did you find one?
My setup is strait from my VH Giles.
2206-1500kv motor on 15amp esc, 9x3.7performance slow fly apc prop
3s 500mah admiral lipos
4 powerHD DSM44 servos that have taken abuse and I’ve been very impressed with. Quick, torquey and always center. They’re my new go-to foamy servo for sure. Idk how you’d beat them especially for $8 each.

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You show them trees whos boss,i try to keep my distance,cant tell where the trees start and free air ends. Do like watching you darting in and out of them,more vids when you can.
Hell I can’t tell either lol. Until they get leaves on them there’s absolutely no depth perception in the trees.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where did you find one?
My setup is strait from my VH Giles.
2206-1500kv motor on 15amp esc, 9x3.7performance slow fly apc prop
3s 500mah admiral lipos
4 powerHD DSM44 servos that have taken abuse and I’ve been very impressed with. Quick, torquey and always center. They’re my new go-to foamy servo for sure. Idk how you’d beat them especially for $8 each.
I picked it up on eBay a couple months ago. Thank you for the information!

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got two flights in today after my motor showed up direct from sunny sky
It does fly very nice. It’ll take some getting used to coming off the Giles. It eats up a little more space not having the flying stab and gigantic rons but it’s very nice, clean and smooth. I’ll get video when ever it stops raining.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Found two NIB FoMoJo kits on eBay a couple weeks ago. I decided the VH Giles was too old and ugly so I eviscerated it and threw all the stuffings, pushrods and control horns onto the jo.
This very old 1/4” Depron foamy is only .3oz heavier than the EPP Giles.

I’m excited for this one.

View attachment 145784
View attachment 145783
WHOA! What a deal you got there Jake I remember those FoMoJo's my uncle found plans of one years ago he cut me one out of pink foam but he actually was able cut out a airfoil wing out of regular foam made it about a 41 inch wingspan it flew awesome it was my go to the 3d foamy for about 3 years until I got a little too close with my my rolling harriers and broke the x fuse in two I still have it in my closet one of these days I'll get it all fixed up?(y)(y)(y)(y):cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EPP sheet. Just have to use a little cf in areas like any other foamy. I’ve got some EPP I’ll make another from when this one eats it hard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts