·
Registered
12,556 Posts
That's cool!!!!

Reactions: Metalwizard

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
That's bad ass! (y) (y) nice shop too! Makes my little corner of my Living room in my apartment feel even smaller😂

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
MetalWizard, very nice collection of RC stuff. I once had that many engines. Down under a dozen now (I think). Wondering about your handle, are you a machinist, sheet metal guy, or it has some other meaning?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sorry that you lost your wife so young. Cool man cave, I’m jealous! I went from a full basement man cave and a pole barn, to a ranch house with no basement or out buildings when I retired and downsized. Now I build on a 6’ foldout table, and store everything rc in the garage. Lots of trips back and forth when building or repairing. Damn, you have the a hell of a stash of motors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
MetalWizard, very nice collection of RC stuff. I once had that many engines. Down under a dozen now (I think). Wondering about your handle, are you a machinist, sheet metal guy, or it has some other meaning?
I got that name in the 80's I built street rods and I roadied for a Metal band.. how times changed!

Sorry that you lost your wife so young. Cool man cave, I’m jealous! I went from a full basement man cave and a pole barn, to a ranch house with no basement or out buildings when I retired and downsized. Now I build on a 6’ foldout table, and store everything rc in the garage. Lots of trips back and forth when building or repairing. Damn, you have the a hell of a stash of motors.
thanks Greg.. I may downsizing at some point too.. the way the worlds going..
the motors.. yeah years of collecting.. I pick up lots at estate sales repair them sell lots on RC groups.. keep a few for myself. just another addiction

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
OK got some work done.. lots of covering.. colors are a bit mix. n. match but I used what I had on hand...

Engine mounted.. I miss calculated the Width of the motor mount.. its a bit wide but I was able to get into the hardwood so I think were good... if not we'll just have to go to a bigger motor.. LOL

Wing is Glued and drying... all is nice And square..
Motor vehicle Automotive design Textile Wood Line

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
Looking good!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well got a little more done on her..

Im just over 4 lbs but no battery or receiver installed yet.

the Rear control rods.. what a pain in the butt.. next time ill move the servos to the back and build a conduit into the fuse.. but this works.

Fuel tank has to go WAY forward.. its just touching the wing leading edge as is.. its only 6 ounces I really thought about opening the front of the wing and building it into that leading edge.. but decided against it.. I guess CG will change a bunch as it flys the fuel out!

Tire Automotive tire Material property Gas Engineering

Automotive design Wood Building Flooring Aviation

Purple Textile Pink Violet Magenta

Purple Textile Magenta Flooring Engineering

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Looking good,hotts never go out of time. The no 2 pic is the engine tilted up,or just fooling the eye. I get some of these boats fixed i shall try to fly mine,been built over 1.5 years. MR Hobby i think sells plans on ebay,got a lot of them,printed and very nice price on older stuff. Good servo extensions cheap to. Must have 1000 plans on hand,about 20.00,what a deal. Hes got hotts,from small to real big. Bit short on 3d stuff,but 1990s back,its there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thanks man

The engine is straight... Or at least where the plans say it should be.. Lol

I'll check out Mr hobby... I like cheap stuff... I do value Hobby foe that kind of stuff a lot!

I'm all put together. Ready to fly. My cg is about 1/2 inch behind the most negative cg recommended. So I do need to add some weight..

I may end up going with. Bigger engine... Remember I built at 120%. So I'm not surprised...

I'll test fly it on the tt46 pro.. If it needs more I have a couple k&b 61's. An os 65ax. And a ton of 4 strokes..

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I started looking at his plans,thought i was in heaven,just never ends ,just one more. Looked at the bigger ones,that be nice said i. Then,a thought,what engine size and servos needed,bigger than i need to try. 25cc is all i need or can afford or can handle. He will up or down size to. Got plans for a ultra hotts in my box,25cc i think. Dont see how a man can get board,tired yes,theres always a new plane to build,any size you want,3d or dare i say,a fatty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I've been building since I was 14. I'm 57 now... There's always something to build!

Weather it be a kit. Or from plans. Or even an arf. There's alway something fun!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
well its been crazy here but I did get some work done..

got the 46 TT pro on it... got the electronics in etc. and im WAY tail heavy (I kind of expected that since I built at 120% )

so after adding 4 oz lead.. I decided why dead weight... might as well put MORE MOTOR... so out with the 46 pro and UP TO a TT 61 PRO!

my CG id SO MUCH closer.. heck it might be close enough.. (Im to the very back of recomended)

Purple Automotive design Textile Interior design Flooring

Watch Sewing machine Sewing machine feet Household appliance accessory Creative arts

Any suggestions for a PROP SIZE on that motor??

right now I have a 12x6 on it but I have not run it on that yet..

clearence is not to bad.. so I THINK it could take a 13" prop..

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
There isn’t a lot of bros who fly .61’s so there isn’t really a bro approved prop for 61’s. Considering the OS55’s goto prop is a 13/4 I’d say try that first. Maybe it could even swing a 14/4. With two strokes we try to stay at a 4 for pitch.
We also stick with xoar over APC. Heck even vess or sail brand props are better than APC.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts