The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Welcome......
You know a bro named toad???pretty sure he in southern utah or close.dude was into upper end glow engines and was top shelf builder
Melvin Rogers. He was a good guy and a good fabricator. He gave me a good prototype header for a DLE20. There was a kit run going on at the time, and Toad got a little anxious about his order, and a few Bros jumped him to calm down, and he got pissed and left. Haven't seen him 'round here since...

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Nice work!!
That looks like a Great Planes F-15 tail in the picture. Here's a pic of mine, unfortunately crashed loooong ago.. Vehicle Toy airplane Toy Aircraft Pink

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
Melvin Rogers. He was a good guy and a good fabricator. He gave me a good prototype header for a DLE20. There was a kit run going on at the time, and Toad got a little anxious about his order, and a few Bros jumped him to calm down, and he got pissed and left. Haven't seen him 'round here since...
I think I remember that. He left here and went over to RCG then left there not long after I recon. I think he quit altogether.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice work!!
That looks like a Great Planes F-15 tail in the picture. Here's a pic of mine, unfortunately crashed loooong ago.. View attachment 145850

THE f-15 WAS BUILT FROM PLANS. I did not build that one a fellow flier did.. he never finished it.. so its on my pile of things to do..

"Melvin" why cant we all just get along man LOL

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Wow - if that is the Great Planes F-15 built from plans, I commend the builder. That kit had a TON of parts!!!

Reactions: Metalwizard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I dont know what kit it is but it is for SURE not an ARF its stick built.. and NOTHING is marked making me think its from plans... not even a kit.. its very well built.. it will be fun to tinker with whenever I get to it... I only have 6 or 8 projects in front of it LOL

did some covering.. I think it will be pretty visible. bottom is black and white checkers

Can anyone point me to the hooks to hold the fuel tank to the body??

Furniture Purple Wood Rectangle Interior design

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Oh MY,thats a bunch of goodeees. So nice to have what you need,somehow i think you had to much play time. Hobbies do tend to grow,mine has to,can a shop be big enough.
Ive been flying RC (and rockets) since I was 14... im 57 now. you collect a lot of stuff... I think I have 50 plus planes in my hanger READY TO FLY and a bunch that need work/repair/finish.

I lost my wife to cancer about 2 years ago.. I quit my job to be with her.. so I had lots of time.. building kept my sanity (or at least helped)

I live in a little town we have two hobby shops... my garage is bigger than one.. he does carry building stuff.. but its 3o mins drive for me.. the other.. they push foamy crap.. so I stock up on what I use and neeed!

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Nice shop!!!
That big "23" rocket it impressive!!!

Reactions: Metalwizard
21 - 40 of 56 Posts