The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well had to join

Been flying 40 plus years. And time for a profiler..

My buddy has a couple and although I'm not into 3d flying (more giant scale and pattern for me) this was pretty fun

So I'm building a 120% hots from plans.. So far fun and easy build

Have tons of motors not sure what to run yet.. Probably TT46 PRO
but I do have a ys 63 four stroke that's looking for a home

Attachments

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Good you joined metalwizard, these guys will help you,they did with me. I have a hotts built from scratch have not flown yet. But,if i might suggest,a mojo is a great starting point. That 46 and a 40 mojo would do well. Plans are here and builds are many,just look it up.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Its good to see new guys posting. Theres so much to learn about these planes and so little time. If your hungry for great flying planes this is the place to be. In the old posts there be much to read on what works,20years of guys learning given for free. Want to know about KV of motors,do a search you will learn alot. Have fun and remember,we all start off not knowing,dont fear asking,these guys will help,they did for me also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you...

Should be lots of fun

I'm not at all into electrics.. Just feels like a toy not a model... But to each his own!

I'll post more pictures as I build more!

I have a large fir at printer (and other graphics items). So if anyone needs plans printed or. Decals. Let me know!

Check out my website to see my wirk

Stickershock23.com

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Welcome to the Bro's Metalwizard. Great to have you here.
Our events - Also called "ProBros" are a blast. There's one in Ottumwa Iowa the weekend after July 4 and a bunch this summer in Missouri.

Reactions: Metalwizard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the WELCOMES! glad you guys seem to be NITRO guys (dying breed... )

so doing the MATH 48" span 20" root including the ailerons (and ESTIMATING THE SWEEEP) 960 square inches of wing..

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
I’ll always be a nitro guy though I don’t fly it anymore I’ll always choose nitro over E power. But I’ll only be flying 20-60cc from now on. I can’t get nitro fuel here anymore and I don’t like E on anything but foamies.
Welcome to the hood. I’d tell you to hold on for the ride but the party bus got a flat tire a long time ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heres a little update havnt got a LOT done .. skinned the wing.. still have to do strips on the ribs.. and im going to fill inbetween the ribs INSIDE the wing (a vertical piece at the skin) but its coming along!
I’ll always be a nitro guy though I don’t fly it anymore I’ll always choose nitro over E power. But I’ll only be flying 20-60cc from now on. I can’t get nitro fuel here anymore and I don’t like E on anything but foamies.
Welcome to the hood. I’d tell you to hold on for the ride but the party bus got a flat tire a long time ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I mix my own nitro... still not CHEAP like it was but WAY better than $50.00 or more a gallon they want for it.. (Lets go brandon?? ) LOL

Im like you I have a couple electrics... mostly Float planes.. (easy to throw in the boat when we hit the lake..) and I have a "HADRON" a couple of "STRYKERS" I do have aone big EDF jet that I built from plans that flies on a 6s.. but for my collection... thats a very very very small percent!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Welcome......
You know a bro named toad???pretty sure he in southern utah or close.dude was into upper end glow engines and was top shelf builder

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome......
You know a bro named toad???pretty sure he in southern utah or close.dude was into upper end glow engines and was top shelf builder
I only know one guy here that likes profiles... And even less that are into nitro.. I left our big club because they all went electric...
But if he's here I'd love to hook up with him!

Like the way you did the leading edge,instead of wrapping the sheeting around it.Less chance of warping the wing.
Thanks. Yes it's building very square so far!

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Looking good Metalwizard (y)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts