The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first plane...I got a deal on the (FUT) radio,servos and receiver. Thinking a O.S 40 LA (blue) would be cool for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
A .40 will pull it, a 46 would be a better choice. You'll have more power when you need it now and you'll have a bigger engine that you will want on your second (non-trainer) plane. It never hurts to have too much power as long as it doesn't add too much weight.

Rik

·
Registered
287 Posts
an evolution .46 would be agreat choice engine for ya. About the same price as the la .40 but tons more power. if you go to the swoomp vids from tulsa my extreme flight 540 in is powered by an evolution 46.
Brandon

·
Registered
16,992 Posts
I like the t.t. pro 46 for a first. pretty user freindly, good quality, good price... and you can put it on a burrito after you learn to fly... :D

·
Registered
13,285 Posts
i second the Thunder tiger .46pro you cant get a better motor for $75, the LA's are dogs, very reliable and easy to tune but dogs... :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
well, a TT 46 is excellent, but I have a Power Force 46 and it now pulls m dads second plane, a low wing sports around at an insane speed.

They are cheap as well.

But what ever you dont get a 40 because they are only good for a trainer, nothing else so you will need to buy a new motor for your second plane, and 46ers arent that much more.

Fly-guy

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Hey PT just wandering how your plane is coming.....let us know if you run into any problems. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts