The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
361 - 380 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
jl33fr33 said:
All 3 of mine have dual aileron servos. I like it for ease of installation and ability to add in the reflex with programming. The downside is weight of course. The pic shows the different ways I've done it. Since the wing is so thin, the servos have to be shimmed under the mounts. On the orange wing, there are small shims under the mount flanges. On the blue wing, the yellow mounts under the servos are the shims. On the yellow wing, I cut the mounting flanges off of the servos and hot glued them in.

Thanks brotha that helps. Yeah the thickness of the wing is what had me worried and I was thinking about laying swervo on its side. Figured that way would help with drag a little bit as well. Might just go with one I guess I will just have to see how I feel when I get to it got other projects on the build table right now. I will be using hitec 81's since a that's what I have on hand.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
cbarnes0061 said:
jl33fr33 said:
All 3 of mine have dual aileron servos. I like it for ease of installation and ability to add in the reflex with programming. The downside is weight of course. The pic shows the different ways I've done it. Since the wing is so thin, the servos have to be shimmed under the mounts. On the orange wing, there are small shims under the mount flanges. On the blue wing, the yellow mounts under the servos are the shims. On the yellow wing, I cut the mounting flanges off of the servos and hot glued them in.

Thanks brotha that helps. Yeah the thickness of the wing is what had me worried and I was thinking about laying swervo on its side. Figured that way would help with drag a little bit as well. Might just go with one I guess I will just have to see how I feel when I get to it got other projects on the build table right now. I will be using hitec 81's since a that's what I have on hand.
Lay it in its side like they do for the EF Outlaw, a swervo hatch.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Ready to sand & cover.. :rolleye:

Attachments

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
looks like trouble to me! need an 8-5 apc on it!

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
That's the thinnest can I ever seen.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,862 Posts

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
now you're talking! when plumbed and covered, run a bead silicone around hatch and screw down!

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Looks Great J. :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Norvel 25 (APC 9x5 for now... :roll: )
Hayes 4oz
HS 82mg x 5
1.6 lbs
:rockon:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
gokart said:
nitroj ur out there,frigin nice
+1 :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Layout shots per request :wink:

1/32" lite ply servo hatches glued to ribs & spar, servos mounted on sides. :tu:

Tip: route servo wires prior to sheeting :doh: :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
really appriciate those layout shots. Now I see an extra swervo in the fuse. Me assume you have a rudder on that thing.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Wild Fred said:
cool! it'll do horizontal spins at 120+!
Thanks, Bro 8) Now to find a suitable field to maiden... :thinking: Perhaps one larger than my normal 3D spots :roll: :superhappy: :banana:

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Nice J . Be sure to post some vids . Is that the 40" one ? What kind of fuel do those Novells use and is that a custom pipe ?

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
My WF built/covered Ferro was just delivered to my house :rockon: :rockon: :tu: :rockon: :banana: :banana: :drink: :drink:

Too bad I am an hour away stuck at work for the next 3 hours :evil:

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #379 ·
so, nitro, have you broke- err- flown that monster yet? ad should have his flying today, right?

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Wild Fred said:
so, nitro, have you broke- err- flown that monster yet? ad should have his flying today, right?
...it's raining... :rant:

361 - 380 of 411 Posts