The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as many of you know, i dont build :lol:
so i decided to give it a shot. so far, it looks like a skill level easy jigsaw puzzlewhere everything fits great! So while the first round of glue is drying, i decided to make a post for all the nay-sayers :oops:
if i can build this thing, anyone can :rofl:

plans are over-kill servos for the surfaces, saito 180, and schemed after the red/yellow/black dalton extra's.

as of now, i have 30 minutes invested in sorting all parts, and cleaning up the edges. now when the glue dries, ill start going again.

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks like you're off to a great start :!: :rockon: :popcorn:

You've got the right idea about the weights! Less money spent on weights and clamps means more to spend on models! :superhappy:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
O.K. Glues dry, get back to work! 8) :lol:

Looking good so far. Don't forget the motor mounts and fuse tubes :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Way to go Andy. I hope this inspires you to do more building. Not enough building going on anymore.

:tu:

Keep the pics coming!

J.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Burrito Bandito said:
Way to go Andy. I hope this inspires you to do more building. Not enough building going on anymore.
thanks BB! so far so good.. i found this evening kinda relaxing in a way. weird cause i have always dredded building before, and now that its all laid out and pieces are going together, its more of an accomplished feeling than anything. it's a nice change.

WessCo said:
Is this the CNC kit or the Laser/CNC kit?
laser/cnc :D

contrerg said:
That thing looks great so far.....where could I get one of these bad boys or the ARF version...?
Gregg
Gregg,
this plane is only available in kit form. the man to speak to posted a few posts up by the name of Hazzbro. you can see the finished product in his avatar 8)

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alrighty! here is some more progress. ill post comments with each pic. so far the hardest part is waiting on the glue to dry LOL! i am now at 3 hours invested, and most of that was waiting on glue to dry... and a jack in the box taco run :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Lookin' good. I knew you could do it. :tu:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Lookin' good Andy! 3 hours? You need faster glues and a lead foot :lol:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Looking good, Andy. You can bet I'll be watching this closely......I'm right behind you with mine. :)

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
HOLY SHIT!! My eyes see pics, but I still don't believe it. Thumbs did you hack Andy's account, and post those pics? :p :nutkick: :rofl:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
This plane goes together extremely easy. Almost every single piece is laser or CNC cut for you, just have to figure out how they go together, add glue and you're done. There might be a few pieces that you have to cut for the wing, but that's it. :lol:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Andy, Erik, Brad, etc....look at this picture below. The easiest time to plan your wiring is where Andy is right now...before the second side is put on. There are two throttle servo locations pre-cut for you. Plan your wire paths for the throttle servo based on your motor/carb layout. You don't need to cut any deeper than the foam (leave the balsa on the other side intact).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
HazzBro, are you the extra extra producer? I am planing to get one as soon the dollar's value came down a little in Brazil. If yes, do you have a website? How could you accept intenational orders and payments?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
HoverLoW said:
HazzBro, are you the extra extra producer? I am planing to get one as soon the dollar's value came down a little in Brazil. If yes, do you have a website? How could you accept intenational orders and payments?
HL, you can just PM me when you get ready and we can set up a Paypal payment. I don't have a website setup just for this model as of yet but you never know....

Hazz

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
HazzBro said:
HoverLoW said:
HL, you can just PM me when you get ready and we can set up a Paypal payment. I don't have a website setup just for this model as of yet but you never know....

Hazz
Ok. I will keep this plan stading by for a while, but let see if I can PM you in this new year. Thank you!

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
continuing some more tonight. again, see captions. 8)
one mess up so far, but i'll call it an attention lesson :oops: :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i could'nt sleep,so i got back to work. i fixed the fuse mess up, and built the rudder and elevator.

tomorrow i will build the rons' and sand everything. my wing tube and sleeve will be here either friday or monday, so i plan to cover the fuse and tail feathers before then. that way the fuse is done. 8)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 267 Posts