The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post up a solution that took me by surprise. Last year the Scorpion motor with Castle Ice 100 I had on my Sbac 55 began making an odd growling noise at times and was progressively getting worse. I pulled the motor and the bearings weren’t exactly smooth so I decided to replace it with a Motrofly. I never liked that motor and never want another motor of that size with a collet prop adapter. So, this season I go out and it’s at least as bad and maybe worse. Not a screech but the same odd growl. This time it occurred anytime I was above 1/2 throttle. I‘ve had this airplane combination a long time and never changed any ESC settings ever. Why would anything change? I suspected timing so hooked up the interlink and computer. Timing was still at medium which I assumed was appropriate for a motor of this size. I noticed the firmware was way behind in revisions. What the heck, I’ll update it. Flew it today, problem 100% gone. More power than ever, no noise. No idea how but the firmware must have gotten corrupted. Realigned the ones and zeros and it works. Weird stuff.
Might keep this in mind if you have weirdness with Castle ESCs.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
You should try high timing.
All my ESCs are Castle and set at high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts