• Primo 120AX, MoAss DLE20

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Primo DLE20, MoAss 120AX

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let'assay that theoretically you have a 120AX w/BCP, a DLE20, a MoAss 60 and a Primo 60, and you have to assign engines to airframes. Which way would you go?

The obvious to me seems to be 120AX on the Primo, but I'm wondering if the MOJO needs the extra power more

Thanks for any input/arguments/flame wars!

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Speaking as somebody who owns both a Primo 60 and a MoAss 60, put the 120AX /BCP on the Primo 60 and the DLE 20 on the MoAss 60. The Primo 60 / 120AX / BCP is an awesome combination. The MoAss 60 with a 120AX /BCP comes out too tail heavy for my tastes, so I'm using a 120AX with the stock muffler on mine. I purchased a used DLE 20 to put on the MoAss 60, but haven't installed it yet.

If your Mojo 60 really is a Mojo 60 and not a MoAss 60, then the 120AX /BCP might work without being too tail heavy. But I haven't seen a real Mojo 60 in a long long time so I'm just guessing here.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a MoAss 60. Kit not built yet so I can stretch the nose or something to get it to balance with the lighter engine if so inclined, but if the DLE is the choice for that one then I won't bother.

All mostly planning too far ahead, I probably need to sell or crash the RadYak before building another 60 size, getting crowded...

In reality I'll probably put the 120ax on the RadYak for now and go ahead and build the mojo, it'll fit somewhere!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts