The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Burrito Bandito said:
Now what am I gonna do in the evenings? Guess I'll go back to watching the news and drinking heavily. It was fun spending time in the shop again though. Thanks Hazz.

J.
I hear Pauly has an opening under his bench!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
I already said NO once! :D

He's a gay biker or something now anyway.

Teed all kinds of leather up for ya Chuckie!

J.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
NICE work BB!!!

That rudder seems a killer!!

Man... I.. want....... one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Hey... seems easy to put a wheel pants on that landing gear!!!

Is that landing gear that comes with the kit??

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
HoverLoW said:

No, unfortunately I can't get those gear atm. I had a few left over JW landing gear. I'm trying to get more made but it's problematic atm.

I'll leave it up to the builders as to what gear to use. Tetherite 90's, wire, or if you're lucky enough to have some of the last production JW gear.

If we can get more JW made then I might be able to package deal them...we'll see.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
HazzBro said:
HoverLoW said:

No, unfortunately I can't get those gear atm. I had a few left over JW landing gear. I'm trying to get more made but it's problematic atm.

I'll leave it up to the builders as to what gear to use. Tetherite 90's, wire, or if you're lucky enough to have some of the last production JW gear.

If we can get more JW made then I might be able to package deal them...we'll see.
But I think is very easy to make that BB landing gear style with aluminum.

You could recommend this on the EE60 manual. You might want to send a diagram about how to cut and bend the aluminum and also recommend the thickness that would hang this plane size...

As a costumer, this would be enough for me go take care about getting my own landing gear... :wink:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
The teatherites will work fine i think. There dowels in the fuse, so the builder would need to measure during tje build and adjust as needed.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
ChuckAuger said:
Burrito Bandito said:
Now what am I gonna do in the evenings? Guess I'll go back to watching the news and drinking heavily. It was fun spending time in the shop again though. Thanks Hazz.

J.
I hear Pauly has an opening under his bench!

Nice looking slide........ :shock:

:lol:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Nah, that's not a Slide. Totally different plane. This is an EE60. I think Backslider did the Slide didn't he? He did all the cutting on this one too, so maybe he'll chime in and tell you what is different :shock:

I've never built a Slide, but flew a couple. Does look sort of like an Extra, so :dk:

J.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
They are different in a lot of ways. The EE fuse literally snaps together and has lots of locking pieces, kind of like a puzzle. Lots more CNC cutting. They look similar, but are totally different planes.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
The EE60 is based off my 40 size Extra which has been out before the Mojo even. Thus, it is reasonable to assume if there was any copying going on then the slide was copied off mine, which I doubt is the case also.
Jeff Williams

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Back Slider said:
They are different in a lot of ways. The EE fuse literally snaps together and has lots of locking pieces, kind of like a puzzle. Lots more CNC cutting. They look similar, but are totally different planes.
I think even though we are talking about the same plane, the ideas inside the covering are what say about be or not a copy.

I can design myself and Extra (300, 330, 260) slab too. But I can make my own building system. I won't be taking the Extra Extra design. I'm just making the same model, but on a different way.

And I could make another named plane. Like something called "Hoverlow" i.g., and use all the HazzBro building system without permission and so I will be copying Extra Extra...

Right? :?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
HoverLoW said:
Back Slider said:
I think even though we are talking about the same plane, the ideas inside the covering are what say about be or not a copy.

I can design myself and Extra (300, 330, 260) slab too. But I can make my own building system. I won't be taking the Extra Extra design. I'm just making the same model, but on a different way.

And I could make another named plane. Like something called "Hoverlow" i.g., and use all the HazzBro building system without permission and so I will be copying Extra Extra...

Right? :?
BTW, I think the Slide and the Extra Extra are totally different planes... Even the outside design is not similar to what I can say. I wouldn't even think they could be copies... I just asking just to understand what is a plane copy on Bro dictionary...! :D

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I think you've got it HL. The information I gained the most from working with Jeff and his design is in proportions and surface relationships. Jeff's design is really optimal in these areas. Mainly what I work on is keeping these basic attributes while changing airfoils, surfaces areas (a little more tail doesn't hurt 8) :lol: ), and fuse construction and build methods. The basic proportions and outline remain nearly the same in the EE series as are found in JW 40 size Extra. To Jeff's credit, this is why the EE's have been flying so well.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
HazzBro said:
I think you've got it HL. The information I gained the most from working with Jeff and his design is in proportions and surface relationships. Jeff's design is really optimal in these areas. Mainly what I work on is keeping these basic attributes while changing airfoils, surfaces areas (a little more tail doesn't hurt 8) :lol: ), and fuse construction and build methods. The basic proportions and outline remain nearly the same in the EE series as are found in JW 40 size Extra. To Jeff's credit, this is why the EE's have been flying so well.
That's why I think all the designers of the big companies like Great Planes and Hangar 9 must be Bros!!!!!!!

The Bros know what they are talking about!!

This would set the end of CJ airplanes and the world might be a better place!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
Burrito Bandito said:
Nah, that's not a Slide. Totally different plane. This is an EE60. I think Backslider did the Slide didn't he? He did all the cutting on this one too, so maybe he'll chime in and tell you what is different :shock:

I've never built a Slide, but flew a couple. Does look sort of like an Extra, so :dk:

J.
I was just messing with ya.... See :lol: May have to have one of these also.

141 - 160 of 181 Posts