The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year at LouisBro, Hazz and I start talking about a 60 sized Extra Extra. He says when he gets the proto going I can build one. Anyway, I know you guys have seen his pics but wanted to throw up another thread documenting my build from start to finish.

So far things have gone well. There are a few bugs that happened during cutting, but nothing drastic. Cut components are AWESOME. Hazz and I talked about some sequencing questions today and I started throwing some glue.

Progress so far:

Sub assemblies are laminated.

Layed some of it up to see where everything went.

Glued in the wing saddle and tail group....Wainint for glue to dry now and going out on a date with my wife!

Hazz did a great job and I'm looking forward to getting this one done. Thanks for letting me help out with a proto build! Power will be Saito Hunnert.

J.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Gene! Good to build again. Waiting for a table right now. Had to take wife's car. Left my car battery on the bench. :D

J.

·
Registered
10,549 Posts
How much $$$ you want for it?

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
:doh: Another bird I HAVE to have :lol:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Wonder if he'll get his covered before mine??? I've still got mine in the bones and haven't touched it since due to other builds. Plan is to get it covered this week though.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couple of things.

I tried putting hardwood in for tail servo rails. After talking with Hazz, I got rid of it.

Also, I put the saddle in upside down. This isn't a big deal since the ply doublers are correct so I will just put it on the drill press later.

Everything is going together pretty well!

Doubt mine will get done before you Hazz. You have a BIG head start.

J.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Think you have enough weight on it :roll: :lol: Bet it has a bow from the table buckling under all that weight 8)

Looking good!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No bow. Checked it this morning before work. 21 o.z.

With the tabs etc, it would be very difficult to build a crooked fuse on this. Nice work.

J.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Too early to tell. But yeah, probably. The trim scheme I'm thinking of is pretty traditional and a poser-kote of a plane I really like.

J.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Erik said:
Lookin' good, BB! Brian, put me down for one Bro. :)
Will do. You, after building the EEV2, will appreciate the new tabs. A lot easier. I'm going to retro fit this design to the EEV2 when I get a chance.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
HazzBro said:
Erik said:
Will do. You, after building the EEV2, will appreciate the new tabs. A lot easier. I'm going to retro fit this design to the EEV2 when I get a chance.
Is there a way to guarantee that I get the horiz stab in perpendicular to the fuse? :lol:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Erik said:
HazzBro said:
Erik said:
Is there a way to guarantee that I get the horiz stab in perpendicular to the fuse? :lol:
Yes, Have me build it 8) :roll: :lol:

That or use a square :rofl:

1 - 20 of 181 Posts