The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The EE slabs are on my list to look at possibly kitting. I am not all that up on the differences between the EE60, EEV2 & SU29.
I know I discussed this with Hazz at Nash a few years ago but I can’t remember what the differences are. Please fill me in and let me know which would be most desirable.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
EEV2 is the 30cc version, EE60 and SU29 its my understanding the wing is the same and the center section of the fuse is the same but it has the SU outline and tail.

Cappy may have stretched the wing but I can't remember.

·
Registered
673 Posts
This isn't exactly what you asked but.....

If you're interested in kitting an SU-29, I REALLY wish you would consdider doing Cappy's little (40 size) one. I finished mine a year ago and I admit it's a little porky. It has become one of my favorite planes in this size. I fly it a bit differently because I just don't like it low and slow due to it's weight but it is a blast! The wing is bit of a pain to build as is and the plans aren't finished but with a little work and a proper kit I think it would become a real hit.

I'm currently attempting to do one with the WF foam technique just to see how I like it. Not really even started yet other than making a bow and templates for cutting the wing. We shall see, always piddling with something, it will be an interesting summer project.

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
What Chris said. EEV2 is 30cc but it’s all in slow motion. A real floater.
EE60 is 20cc and high energy
The SU is a larger (and heavier) ee60 shaped like a suk. I think cappy made the tail feathers bigger and the rons longer chord and the wing span 63” instead of 60. It bacame heavy enough a dle20 was marginal power at best. I like the original EE60 best. Good power with a dle20 and loose as a goose. Stable and predictable but that tail is alive. It’s not floaty but it’s nice. EEV2 is like a mojo60 filled with helium. But it might liven up with the newer 30cc class engines. Back then all there was was dle30’s. Now there’s 35’s and 38’s everywhere by everyone. Maybe a good 35 would make it as lively as the 60. I’ve got a GP38 I could try if you do a run.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
This isn't exactly what you asked but.....

If you're interested in kitting an SU-29, I REALLY wish you would consdider doing Cappy's little (40 size) one. I finished mine a year ago and I admit it's a little porky. It has become one of my favorite planes in this size. I fly it a bit differently because I just don't like it low and slow due to it's weight but it is a blast! The wing is bit of a pain to build as is and the plans aren't finished but with a little work and a proper kit I think it would become a real hit.

I'm currently attempting to do one with the WF foam technique just to see how I like it. Not really even started yet other than making a bow and templates for cutting the wing. We shall see, always piddling with something, it will be an interesting summer project.
Doug if interested in this I believe Cappy had giving his blessing and I can share the plans with you that I had drawn in CAD for it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
What’s the wing span of the EEv2? Wonder if it would be a good candidate for 50cc? After watching videos of Mo’s Rad Yak 67 on 50cc, it has bro power x2 and still did low and slow very well. Real performer. I occasionally fly the wwrc 50 cc lam suk. Power is marginal with a Dle 55.

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
What’s the wing span of the EEv2? Wonder if it would be a good candidate for 50cc? After watching videos of Mo’s Rad Yak 67 on 50cc, it has bro power x2 and still did low and slow very well. Real performer. I occasionally fly the wwrc 50 cc lam suk. Power is marginal with a Dle 55.
No. There already is an EE for 50cc. I think the V2 span is 72”. I mean nothing is stopping anyone from trying but that would be like hanging a .90 2 stroke on a mojo40. It would have power but otherwise be a hot turd IMHO
A dle30 is adequate but I think a 35 would really wake it up. Here’s stumpy with his with a gen1 dle30

Reactions: Heinz57

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Let's remember to ask Mr. Jeff Williams? Cuz we all want a 40 size Williams Extra, yes?! 🤘🏻😎🔥

• Love
Reactions: ThumbSkull

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The EEV2 sounds like it would be right up my alley, nice and floaty.

I have looked at the plans for Cappy's SU-29. I really like the looks but steered away due to the wing design. I think the wing could be redesigned to simplify it and also bring the weight down a little.

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
I’m in too. I didn’t pay attention and missed the slick46 run but I’m in for any EE run 110%

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I'll buy the first 40-size for Jeff plus one for me 🤘🏻😎🔥

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
Not to muddy the waters or “compete” with the UL slick and MXS but an EE25 run would be easy and awesome. I had drawn one up with a slightly tweaked airframe for an easier and quicker build. I made it so that the whole fuse and tail and wing stringers were all 1/4” balsa. No need to cut tail parts. It’s all 1/4” sticks.
I built one and it flew really well. It was the black with orange one I sold a nash years ago. With just a couple fuse parts (also from 1/4” sheet) and wing ribs and spars from 1/8” it built out in a couple hours.
Honestly the only things that “need” cut are the ribs and spars.

Reactions: Heinz57

·
Registered
20,069 Posts
Back when I did the redraw of the plans hazz said he could update the cut files but neither of us got around to it. I do have one set of hard plans I could send to someone who could scan them and/or redraw in cad or something.
I think just the ribs and spars would be needed. It’s easy to cut every other piece by hand or on a jigsaw but the ribs really suck to cut by hand this small.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts