The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wing...This is a Taco wing, but with a straight LE. Kinda hard, moving the spar line makes the wing naturally twist....you have to jig it.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now for the Fuse Bottom.. That is the stock Taco fuse bottom for comparison. A built up truss structure, weighs about the same as the regular bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now to show the stock Taco fuse front compared to the E Taco-Sledge. The fuse bottom hooks onto the spar in the wing, but since I'm using a stick mount, the fuse front is cut in half.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now the 3/8" Square Maple motor stick, it is drilled .228" thru the middle, and the .225" CF tube is epoxied into it. It fits perfectly onto the fuse bottom, and thru the wing.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To get the thrust line exactly like the Sledge, the CF tube has to be moved down about 3/16"...so the wedges that center the tube in the wing have to be altered accordingly. Here is the top wedge, note how much larger the one is for the Sledge...

Attachments

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now the Fuse Top-Rear is fitted. This has the exact outline of the Sledge, but it is 75% scale.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now for the Fuse Front piece..All of this keys together, making a very rigid structure

Attachments

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Chuck...you never cease to amaze me you funny bastard :lol:

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put a watermark on my pics so they wouldn't get copied over.

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry about that..looks like it was overexposed.

Maybe this one will show up better:

Attachments

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
very well thought out! I like the motor stick setup. I got a phasor brushless, might just have to do an electric sometime!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts