The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of putting my DLE55 on the Probolto and was wondering if the ignition from the DLE35RA would work OK on it. They have the same model # (A-02) but the 55 is a CDI that has a working voltage of 6-12V while the 35 is a DLE brand and 4.8-8.4V I'll be using a LiFe pack. Reason I'm asking is I was hoping to not have to rip out the wiring for the ignition since it's all tied up nice and neat.

You may ask, why are you putting a 55 on a 12lb plane??? Well, the Probolto came out extremely tailheavy and it turns out the 55 will make it balance almost perfect. Plus, mo power!

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
The DLE 55 will make it a ton of run. Big Tiddy was 13-1/2 pounds with a 55 on it. I believe the 35 ignition should work just fine other than being a rear exhaust version it will have the angled plug boot instead of the 90 one. I think the only ignition to stay away from is some of the older DLE 20 ones. I believe they are different now but the 20 used to have a stepped idle down in it instead of a curve which made low and slow stuff difficult sometimes as it would always take a second or so before it would come off the step and down to the low rpm's.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, BD. I remember the DLE20 ignition issue and that was one of the reasons I asked the question. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything funny in the 35 also.

Yeah, it should be a blast. IF my calculations were correct, it should come out to right at 12.5lbs, maybe a little more when I factor in prop weight. It was 11lbs 9oz with the 35. For now, I'm leaving the 11oz tank on it but will be ordering a 16oz soon. The 11oz is probably plenty for me as I don't fly for more than 7-8 minutes and usually land with over half a tank left with the 35.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Mo is flying his RadYak67 now on a BME58; same deal, needed nose weight anyway, so Mo Powah! ;) There's a video over on BookFace...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts