The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
2401 - 2409 of 2409 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
A much needed break from work so I got flights 16, 17, and 18 on the Mamba 60 today and with the Extreme Flight spinner. I really like the way it looks now and the Mambe seemed to be a little tamer in certain attitudes but it's probably just more getting used to how it flies.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Flew the Wind Hammer again yesterday. I ordered a few different props to try on the VV / RCGF 26 and got to try them on back to back flights. My original prop was a VV 18/8, I wasn't impressed with the power and the engine just didn't seem to like it. I switched it out for a VV 17/8 and things really changed. The engine just woke up, it ran better and pulled lots harder. It's still not going to win any vertical drags but it's now acceptable in my book. Considering the engine is still a long way from being broken in I think it's going to be OK. For you guys that want on the deck hovering with bottle rocket pull out then 30cc is the answer but for my more 2 3/4 D style flying this is going to be alright.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Did you try a 6 pitch of any kind?
That's what I would try--I run a 17x6 Xoar on my DLE20 BCP setup; get about 8500 rpm. If that 26 would spin an 18x6 at the same rpm, it would be pretty darn good. My DLE20 hauls an 8.5lb Slide65 acceptably; that extra thrust from an inch more diameter would be the ticket :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Put the maiden on the little Primo 15 today! It flys amazing and super light on 1300 3s . Caught it on the first flight! The Ron’s need a little more throw but I’m very happy with it ! It harriers much better than the P40 in my opinion. But that could be lack of pilot skills on my part :)
Toy Aircraft Monoplane Airplane Vehicle

·
Registered
20,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,406 ·
They both look great! I love the colors on the 15 and I dig the scalloped ailerons on the 40

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks bro really appreciate it! 🤘 did the ugly primo for the local Cj’s when we still flew at a club haha. They got a kick out of it. The scalloped Ron’s were actually Gators idea! Turned out kinda neat, but pain it the butt to cover.

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Ver cool!!!!

2401 - 2409 of 2409 Posts