The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 2409 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Flew some today. Stalled out the DLE20 on the MoAss 60 a little too close to the ground and pancaked her ass 😬 had the Stix 41 for backup. I’ve had nothing but trouble since I switched from the vvrc 20 to the dle. I know they are good engines but I’m starting to wonder if I have a clone carb on mine.
Toy airplane Aircraft Vehicle Toy Monoplane

Sky Natural environment Grass Air travel Grassland

·
Registered
214 Posts
That sucks, at least it’s an easy fix. I never had any trouble with the original DLE 20/30’s, but I’ve read the clones have carb issues. Stick a Walbro on it and hopefully you will be good.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
2 cycle carbs can be pain in ass,be it saws,jet skis,or planes. And run on bench dont mean nothing,only under true load will the truth be known. Good that landing gear took the hit Heinze.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,385 ·
It’s easy to tell if it’s a fake if you have a real one to look at. There are also a lot of fake DLEs out there. Even tower sold fakes for a time.
I Had two VVRC 20’s and they were both complete junk. They wouldn’t tune for crap, barely would idle. No top end power. I hated both of them. No better than CRRC pro engines imho.
I say give it a fresh set of gaskets and a fresh tune. If it still acts the same just toss it and get a real walbro for it.

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Glad you are getting some flying in Heinz!

·
Registered
490 Posts
It’s easy to tell if it’s a fake if you have a real one to look at. There are also a lot of fake DLEs out there. Even tower sold fakes for a time.
I Had two VVRC 20’s and they were both complete junk. They wouldn’t tune for crap, barely would idle. No top end power. I hated both of them. No better than CRRC pro engines imho.
I say give it a fresh set of gaskets and a fresh tune. If it still acts the same just toss it and get a real walbro for it.
i have the vvrc 20 classic that I removed. It was advertised to come with a genuine walbro carb on the VV website? Could it still be a fake? It actually ran pretty good, I never had any issues with it stalling out. It just started to loose top end power over time. Was thinking about just slapping that carb on the DLE to see if anything changes. Just a quick difference I noticed last night the DLE walbro had a plastic fitting for the fuel pick up line. The VV walbro has a brass fitting for the fuel pick up.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,388 ·
I couldn’t tell you unless looking side by side. There is a difference in the font of “walbro” and the ink stamp as well.
ive had clones run fine and I’ve had clones not run at all.
On the top end issue you should probably just throw in a bowman ring. That’s fixed a couple dle’s for me. It’ll need a break in again but it’ll get its power back. I had a 55 recently that was running consistently 2000rpm low. New bearings and ring fixed it that for the most part but I think it was a dle clone because the mold marks on the head and the over all dull finish aren’t what genuine DLEs are supposed to look like.
I’ve heard good and bad from all brands. Some people swear by dle, some by VVRC or RCGF, I don’t consider myself loyal to anything but there are some I’ll never buy again because of my personal and multiple experiences and RCGF is one of them and VVRC falls into that because VVRC engines are just upgraded RCGF last time I checked.
I don’t ever want to become a fan boy because to me that definition is someone who’s so beholden to a brand that they ignore shortcomings and issues no matter how blaring soley from pride and perceived reputation. My mind can be changed once new facts are presented.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Heinze,while your putting that new ring in go ahead and champer all the ports,600 wet and dry does good. The factorys do a poor job on them,it do make them better. Myself,i not totally pleased with sintec oils in 2 st,yes there clean and dont dirty the plane as bad,but. Boats is what i do,build motors alot,thing is,those that mix in tank get better service life,and they always mix oil bit heavy,and they smoke more to,but they last. I started adding some caster oil to sintec oil mixes,get noticeable better compression and dont have to worry about rust as much. Them carbs just be luck of draw,do make sure the rings sealed good,they wont run good with out it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It looks like VV sold two different 20cc motors under their name at one time . This one looks like the RCGF VVRC 20cc Side Exhaust t

This it the 20 cc classic
Valley View Classic 20cc Gas Engine

Kinda strange. I swapped the carbs last night just for the heck of it. I’ll throw a new Bowman in the vv see if I can get some life back out of it. I’m thinking if I purchase another gas engine, I’ll probably spring for the OS 22.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Vehicle Aircraft Toy Airplane Toy airplane

Finally got the Wind Hammer maidened today. Good flying airplane. I’m on the fence with my engine choice of the VVRC 26. I was using an 18x8 and it flew fine aggressive sport 2 3/4D maneuvers but the pull out grunt was a bit lacking. It’s a long way from broken in and this may not be the optimal prop so hopefully it will get better. At this point I’d say for real 3D on the deck it really needs a 30 cc class engine. The airframe did fine though. I had hoped for better but this will do for at least this season.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,392 ·
I’m very surprised you were actually able to get one.
That CCK guy is a crook. We had two guys order pattern plane kits from him. He stiffed both those guys as all the online reviews say the same.
I wish he wasn’t such a low life. I’d like to have another jo65 even if it is a clone.
I’m glad it flies well for you and as always with your builds, it looks very nice.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
View attachment 145914

Finally got the Wind Hammer maidened today. Good flying airplane. I’m on the fence with my engine choice of the VVRC 26. I was using an 18x8 and it flew fine aggressive sport 2 3/4D maneuvers but the pull out grunt was a bit lacking. It’s a long way from broken in and this may not be the optimal prop so hopefully it will get better. At this point I’d say for real 3D on the deck it really needs a 30 cc class engine.
What was the all up weight? My Slide65 with a DLE20/BCP setup is 8.5lbs dry; I run a 17x6 Xoar at about 8500rpm, and pull out is acceptable, but not Bro Powah. An 18x6 might give you a little more rpm and throttle response

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did not have a positive experience with CCK either. I wanted a Mojo 60 kit and he agreed to cut one for a certain price. I had to chase him to try to get updates. He upped the price by ~$50 along the way and took longer than promised. When he was ready to sell he said “oh I found this other plane and I made it my own. You can order it on the site soon. ” He change the fuse to be convexed and a few other things so he could call it his own. I think the wing attachment at the first rib and changed the tail shape (can’t remember). He told me it started as a mojo65. Then the price went up more and I have never looked back. I am interested in how it flies but all reports are it needs a 30cc not the 20cc he suggests.

·
Registered
681 Posts
What was the all up weight? My Slide65 with a DLE20/BCP setup is 8.5lbs dry; I run a 17x6 Xoar at about 8500rpm, and pull out is acceptable, but not Bro Powah. An 18x6 might give you a little more rpm and throttle response
It’s a wee bit under 9 pounds. I’ve got some props on order to try and it’s still got lots of tweaking to do on the engine. I don’t think it’s going to win any vertical drags but it should be acceptable for my style flying.

Everything said about CCK is accurate. I’ll not be spending any moremoney there unless his practices change which isn’t likely.

·
Registered
681 Posts
that's heavy by my standards. the beast was what, 7.5? and it'sa bipe. gave it to thom,maybe he will chime in- if he ever gets it flying!

on a side note, bought another goat yesterday from a guy here in bronson, boris yaw. turns out he is a pilot for a small drone co. in gainesville. used to work at the hobbytown on newberry road, flies regular rc, used to fly santa fe and the sport complex in newberry. now has acreage, flies at home, raises goats. has heard of the pro bros. lot of similarities...auger, gus, plug, how many other bros goatherders? guy looked familiar, sorta dominican.
By your standards everything is heavy........:) . I know it's no lightweight. I was disappointed in the weight. I can't remember what the Mojo 65 weight was typically. To my recollection most of those ended up either underpowered with a 20 or went to 30 and about right power. I was hoping that with the advertised finished weight my 26 would be just fine. The advertised weight is unobtainable by mere mortal builders. I ordered a few props to try last evening, probably should have ordered a Bowman ring for it too.

·
Registered
20,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,398 ·
Looking back, my jo65 was 8lbs. I flew it with a variety of engines, YS110, 120 2 strokes, dle20. All were acceptable but not bro power.
stumpy built mine and he’s pretty meticulous and builds light.
Just a data point. They’ll all come out a little different. The hammer just seems to have added weight for no reason by his wing attachments to contain the fuel tank and the fuse structure being heavier, more complex and more fragile.
Looking back, Mo seemed to like the guy and was building or going to build a hammer? He certainly didn’t like that I’d call a low life a low life but the cutter certainly hasn’t proven me wrong and I wouldn’t order from him if he was the last cutter on earth, whether he ripped off a design or not.
fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice….you know the thing

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Thats good to know Heinze 57,them carbs can try a man. Guess when you cant get it right try a new carb. Them jet skis can drive a man to drink. Good looking bird and nice flying site you have. Working over the ports helps them motors,its the little love the fact dont put in like they should,i can tell on a 2st boat when i take the time to slick them up,you can turn a 200in motor buy hand and they run nice at the first start,if them carbs be right. If a 2st has good compression,good spark,then its straight to the carb next. Plugs tip,never changed springs or hard parts in 2st carb, clean and put new gaskets first. Yes, i know how to set popoff,dont go there,use old springs if can,the fact flow test the carbs,that how they get so many right.

2381 - 2400 of 2409 Posts