2321 - 2340 of 2375 Posts

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Sounds fun! How do you like the Mamba?

·
Registered
762 Posts
That manba looking good Ben,bet it flew nice to.
Sounds fun! How do you like the Mamba?
It's different but there is a Flex Innovations Team pilot in our club and I had him look everything through just because I hadn't flown with an Aura unit in anything before. He has a Mamba too and said it flies like a Bipe. It moves pretty fast when making rolls or pitch changes as expected by having shorter wings albeit there are 2 of them.

I need to adjust the rates because the roll rate on low is pretty fast and the elevator has way too much pitch. The Team pilot also changed his to something more reasonable.

It's different but I think I'm going to like it a lot.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The manual does a pretty good job and it was just that I hadn't flown anything with a flight controller other than helis. Between their wiki and YouTube, there is enough information out there on how to set things up. The biggest thing to remember is do not put sub-trim in.

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Barely getting above freezing here.. Snow the last 2 days, but fortunately isn't staying..

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Well, its all about the views,looking out the window and seeing the snow capped hills,ahhhhh. I started cutting grass again,time to plant the garden now. Hope to get some fly time in before the heat comes on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
There was a club meeting this morning so I loaded up the sons along with the Mamba 60E and I got 3 more flights on it.

Before heading out I made some changes to the rates in the Aura and I'll make some more minor changes. The winds were calm so I had a chance to work on the trims and I'll need to redo the quick trim settings. Not hard to do though.

The most amazing thing about the club meeting was the number of people attending and that brought something to fly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Irresponsible when you are flying r.c.planes and there is obviously a need to properly clothe the communitys children😎!!!!!!

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Did a different kind of flying this weekend. Just flying high on life and family time. Took the little girl out on the boat for the first time and then some fishing from the boat. She loved every minute of it. Three weeks ago I couldn't get her to touch a fish when fishing from the bank. Now she wants to touch every one of them and is even willing to hold them. Some of the best 3 hours of my life watching her have fun on the water.
Water Sky Tree Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Vehicle
Water Shoe Plant Vertebrate Nature
Hand Smile Water Vertebrate Sunglasses
Photograph Shorts Vertebrate Water Leisure

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
Time with the kids / grandkids is the best!! Here's our grand daughter driving the boat for the first time..
Water Vehicle Watercraft Boat Plant community

2321 - 2340 of 2375 Posts