The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
2241 - 2260 of 2261 Posts

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Lunch time flying with a buddy. We had a blast. My 4th flight though I pulled instead of pushing in an inverted harrier and nosed it in. Once I'm home some FoamTac will take care of it.

Hood Trunk Automotive design Bumper Automotive tire

Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Cloud Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
That looks fun! Nice flying!! You look like you are in warm country? Full on winter here in Wisconsin, although we have had very little snow this year.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Got the floats installed on the beaver. Flew it once in the yard yesterday just to see and it flys well. Upright harriers are so stable now its like it has a gyro on it. During my lunch break today it might see the pond at work depending on if the winds cooperate.

Toy airplane Toy Aircraft Airplane Aerospace manufacturer

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
That's cool. My club has a float fly once a month and I've been thinking about getting some floats for the Timber X and giving float flying a try.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
That's cool. My club has a float fly once a month and I've been thinking about getting some floats for the Timber X and giving float flying a try.
Float flying is lots of fun.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
What a freaking hoot. Everyone of you needs one of these things.

Water Vehicle Aircraft Monoplane Sky

Water Bird Cloud Sky Water resources

Water Plant Water resources Vertebrate Tree

Water Water resources Plant Vertebrate Natural landscape

Reactions: johnnashville

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Combat Tip #549:
When pursuing your opponents streamer, be sure to approach it from an angle so the prop can cleanly slice through the streamer instead of getting caught in your prop and wrapping 15 feet of crepe paper around your motor like a mummy and causing the ESC to SCREEEEEE while the plane glides back to earth.
Hand Blue Sleeve T-shirt Electric blue

• Haha
Reactions: ThumbSkull

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Priceless Dave!! (y) :):):)

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
New Year's flying--brrrrrr! 4F & 5-8mph= 8 below windchill. One 5 minute flight on Twisted Edge was all I could take. However, yesterday warmed up to about 30F, with no wind--finally! Got 3 more flights yesterday on the Twisted Edge :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
WE talked about high winds in the west,well old plug got to share in that last night. A first for me,60mph winds all night. Had this old house shaken and rattle,old windows shivered as the wind surged ,doors rattle in the house and the old barns tin flamed and bamed. No power till next day. Nope,dont want no more wind. lol

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
The skis work but need some tweaks. Widened them, lengthened them, and made the pedestal a little taller which should help.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Chris, you are tempting me to get one!
do it. You won’t regret it. I will send you the files to 3D print the skis if needed.

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
Speaking of the skis. Here is a video from my lunch break. My hat camera wasn’t charged so I just propped my phone up on the hood of the truck. Skis work great.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Bout grazed the hood at 30 seconds! :eek:

·
Registered
7,066 Posts
2241 - 2260 of 2261 Posts