The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
2221 - 2240 of 2262 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
He's looking for your next hand-me-down, Holocek!

Reactions: gus

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Getting ready to head out on a camping trip for the weekend to the eastern shore. Gonna be on the beach so why not take something to fly. UMX Timber fits perfectly right inside the door of our popup. Should be a fun weekend. Thought about installing the floats but its supposed to be windy and it doesn't handle chop on the water very well being so small.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Floor Automotive exterior

Reactions: jibracer13

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Timber never managed to fly. Wind stayed 20+ all weekend long with gust over 30 and found out RC is not allowed in state parks in VA.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Did a little EDF flying the past two days during my lunch break. First time with an EDF and its quite fun. It's quite the impressive little bird. In a stall the nose literally just drops a little and starts flying again. It can slow down to a crawl yet be quite quick on the 4S setup.
Sky Plant Cloud Aircraft Airplane
Cloud Sky Plant Aircraft Tree

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
12,414 Posts
Looks fun!!!

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
All loaded up for some time at the field. I thought I had retired the ChubCub but a buddy of mine who has had some slabs before recently moved back to VA from Alaska. He needs to fly it and sign it.
Automotive exterior Asphalt Auto part Font Bumper

Reactions: ben_beyer

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Damn, forgot to take pics, it was such a nice day, but got 3 flights on my GBR50 6S setup. Converted it from 4 to 6S this spring; flew it a bunch at IowaBro. Flew it quite a bit more at our fall fly in early October--two of my buddies said "you're gonna break your motor" because it sounds so violent in a knife edge spin. Guess what--snapped the motor shaft. Just got the new shaft last week and put 3 more flights on. BadAss 3520 560kv on 3S 2200's in series, if anyone's interested. 15x6 APC makes the 5lb RTF plane a rocket :)

·
Registered
12,414 Posts
Yeah! That was a blast to watch. Bob would be proud!! That 3250 motor sounds like it performs amazing.. I haven't thought of putting a 15X6 on my 6S setups, but you're tempting me.... Maybe on the Gator Skin Chakk... (y):);)(y)(y)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Damn, forgot to take pics, it was such a nice day, but got 3 flights on my GBR50 6S setup. Converted it from 4 to 6S this spring; flew it a bunch at IowaBro. Flew it quite a bit more at our fall fly in early October--two of my buddies said "you're gonna break your motor" because it sounds so violent in a knife edge spin. Guess what--snapped the motor shaft. Just got the new shaft last week and put 3 more flights on. BadAss 3520 560kv on 3S 2200's in series, if anyone's interested. 15x6 APC makes the 5lb RTF plane a rocket :)
I have the badass 3520 on a 40 Mad yak after wyo recommended from Iowa probro and to say I’m impressed is a understatement. I also put the 15/6 wood prop on the 3615 motrofly 6s setup and It really woke it up as compared to the 14/7. I’m not sure which setup pulls better but with my watt meter they are both around 1550 watts.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I can get away with a little more prop at 5000', but IIRC, a 14x7 was only about 45 amps, and the 15x6 was just over 50, so theoretically, I'm not pushing it that hard. That being said, the 15x6 and gyroscopic forces in knife edge spins may be a bit too much for the 5mm shaft on the 3520. It broke right at the factory-cut flat spot for the front set screw; hope it doesn't prove to be a weak spot/problem...

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I bought a Motion RC 90mm T-45 EDF used earlier this summer. Put five flights on it earlier today. It's boring to fly, but the coolness factor is way up there. Flaps, slats, retracts, speed brakes, nav lights, sequenced gear doors. Three minute flights on 5100mah 6S. That sort of sucks. Would be nice to get at least five minutes. But it's a fun diversion and looks really cool.

·
Registered
12,414 Posts
I thought those were nice looking. Good to hear a Bro perspective of it.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I bought a Motion RC 90mm T-45 EDF used earlier this summer. Put five flights on it earlier today. It's boring to fly, but the coolness factor is way up there. Flaps, slats, retracts, speed brakes, nav lights, sequenced gear doors. Three minute flights on 5100mah 6S. That sort of sucks. Would be nice to get at least five minutes. But it's a fun diversion and looks really cool.

Its fun how some of them vary so greatly with flight times. I have the 70mm Eflite Habu STS. Haven't flown it with my new 4500mah packs yet but I am able to get a solid 5 mines with the 3300mah 4S packs my buddy loaned me until I got packs for it. I'm expecting to be close to 7 minutes with the new ones. I have the same feeling flying it though. Its got a cool factor in the air

·
Registered
741 Posts
I needed to get out of the house yesterday so I charged up some batteries and went flying. I'm going to have to cut a piece of 2x4 to put under my PowerLab 8 because the screen is hard to see on the shelf.

Or try moving things around I guess because this setup isn't going to work unfortunately.

Three flights on the DeJaVu. I had my boys with me which was a whole other story of problems I'm not going to get in to.

From the shadow coming off of the plane before the 2nd flight, you can tell we were out there later in the day lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Glad you and the boys got to get out Ben. The kids can try us,i always took toys. Hope some of you guys get it up this weekend. Ever notice probros selldom crash,or tell about it. Truth is,i been to two bro events now,you guys can fly the hell out them planes. Even flying low to the ground,seldom does wood get broken. Just hoping some of it will rub off on me,and it has,some anyway. Thanks to all bros for the inspiration to get better. F I Gs you are. code lol

2221 - 2240 of 2262 Posts