The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it two years without getting it, but it finally caught up to us. Wife tested positive Wednesday and I tested positive Friday. She's had a milder case. Mainly cough and body aches. Feeling better but still gets tired quickly. Me, on the other hand am not faring as well. Thankfully it isn't as bad as it could be, but it still sucks. Headaches, coughing up a lung, sinuses, nausea, diarrhea, throat is killing me from coughing and dry heaving. Skin feels like its sunburned when I touch it. Absolutely no appetite. Can't sleep. Got maybe 3 hours since Wednesday. Covid is a real prankster, too. Take a short nap and feel a whole lot better. Think maybe I'm over the hump. But then it just laughs at me and bam, symptoms come back.

What sucks the most is this is the absolute worst time to get sick. My daughter is expecting a baby any time now, for sure by Tuesday. My son contacted us this morning to say his 1 yr old son that they are in the process of adopting spilled a cup of hot tea on himself and has severe burns on his leg. They are trying to fly him to Agusta to a burn unit but the weather along the flight path is too bad and no EMS is available to take him that far. And we can't be there for either of them.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
I’m probably younger than you and in perfect health (aside from my back) but it wasn’t bad on us a couple months ago.
my wife and I were pretty well useless for about a day and just fatigued for a week after.
but I’ll tell you, of course they put us off work, so I kept busy because I knew if I laid down, I wouldn’t be getting back up. So I stayed as busy as I could mowing and cutting trees and working as much around the house as I could that week. It didn’t do anything to the kids.
we just treated it like the flu. Stayed in the water, raw honey and antihistamines.

·
Registered
12,606 Posts
Wow, our story is almost the same as Jakes. Wife and I had it 2 months ago and per covid protocol, got 10 days off. Had to burn vacation, but thankfully I have a good amount of vacation.
Same as Jake. Raspy throat and sinus for a couple of days, then the worst headache of my life the 3rd day then I was pretty much fine for the rest of the time. Worked around the house and took it easy. Actually it was a nice break.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No way I could get out and cut grass or anything physical. Just getting up to go to the bathroom wore me out. Finally feeling better today. Sinuses are draining so my head is clearing up. I've lost about 4lbs since Friday, but at least my appetite is coming back.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Get well soon!

I ended up bringing it home and had very mild symptoms. You'd never know my kids had it without testing them other than the newborn was sleeping more than usual. My wife had pretty severe symptoms but thankfully it was the Omnicron variant and she was better after 3 days.

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
Wife and I had Covid about 6 weeks ago. She works at an old folks home and gets tested every day. Neither one of us had a fever, she coughed a lot I had more sneezing allergy symptoms. Not a big deal. She had to stay off work 5 days, no way in hell my boss let me stay home. I think the key is not being vaxxed. We know a lot of friends that died from it, all vaxxed.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Would it not be great to know the truth,to vaxx or not. My sons,parameds say no way there getting vaxxed. Dont trust gov,to many lies been told,one day we may see the real facts,maybe.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hope y’all start feeling better soon! Sounds like a rough ride for sure!

Pretty certain I had it back in January without symptoms. Only thing I noticed was my smell was off… hasn’t been right again ever since.. I’m 35 without the vaccine.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Hope you start feeling better man. My wife and I got it December of 20, before the vax was even out. It kicked my ass. I couldn't hardly function, fatigue, brain fog, short of breath, nausea, etc. Laura was the same way. Took us a little over a week just to start feeling better. Her taste and smell never came back right. She still can't eat red meat, peanut butter, and a bunch of other stuff she use to love. I still don't have the stamina I had before I got it, and the brain fog never completely went away. It also left me with a cough that just wouldn't go away, a few months ago they told me it was COPD. Likely caused by COVID. Gave me an inhaler that's helping. It's weird how it attacks one person totally different than another. Not just your average flu, that's for sure.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Weird, my wife had been feeling a lot better, thought she was over it. Went to get some bloodwork done and while sitting in the parking lot , she started getting a headache. Thought she'd better check herself again and came home and tested. Positive. She was supposed to come off quarantine today. Some of my symptoms are better but new ones are popping up. Last night, my head started getting wonky. When I move my head, it's kind of like the perception is lagging or something. So I get this dizzy, lightheaded feeling. Still have a pretty bad sore throat, but since I'm not coughing near as much, I'm hoping that will get better soon.

Side note: I usually get a cold maybe once every couple of years. I got the vaccine because of work requirements in May and June of last year. December, I had ear surgery to repair a hole in my eardrum and also have my eustachian tubes dilated. Since then, I've had 5 colds and now covid.

As sucky as this has been, I'm still thankful it isn't any worse. Lots of people weren't near as fortunate.

·
Registered
20,173 Posts
I’ve had several people I know die.
Some vaxxed and some not.
But all had factors in common. Overweight, diabetes and heart issues. They all went very quick. Into the hospital in 2-3 days and passed 2-3 after that.
then there’s some I know who I’d figure for sure they’d have problems and they said it was nothing more than a cold and some id figure would not have problems and they were out for weeks. It’s crazy. Unnatural for sure.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Getting older ant for wuzzes and covid dont make it any better. Hoping you get over all your sickness JoeBob,hard when got a bunch of things at once. Seems everyone got touched by covid,lets hope theres a place reserved for all involved in making it. Lets hope fall will see all the bros better.

·
Registered
12,606 Posts
Yes, hoping that you and your wife are feeling better soon joebob.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Feeling somewhat better today. Still weak. Got out to run some errands that I didn't have to get out of the car for, but it wore me out. Wife's relapse is still going. But it's just pressure in her head and some sinus drainage. I still have the cough, but not as much. New symptom though. Everything smells like day old ketchup. Been walking around the house all day trying to find the source of it only to find out it's me lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts