The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my light ass PA Addiction on the bench and a gust blew it off. It flipped and hit hard on the cf gear and snapped it. It’s a very small 2 piece gear. Of course PA don’t have any in stock, so I’m wondering if it could be repaired with epoxy and some cf tow? Anyone tried that? It snapped right where it curves just pass the flat area that mounts to the landing block. If not, I have a 1 pc. cf gear close to the same size that I could cut in half. That might work.

·
Registered
20,128 Posts
You can soak it in CA but it’ll break again eventually.
id just take your single piece set and use it as is until they have more in stock. Once CF breaks, it’s broken. I’ve tried and seen others at my field try several ways to mend CF parts but they always fail again even on a good landing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I kind of thought that might be the case. I won’t waste my time trying to repair it. I’ll try cutting the old gear in half.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I agree with Jake, you can do all types of repair but it never seems to get back to the strength of that original lamination and cure.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I found a one piece CF gear on Hobbyking that was close to stock dimensions for thickness, depth, height for my AddictionX. Cut them in half and trimmed the ends of that cut for correct width to fuse, and they worked well enough to hold up in a deadstick crash when the whole [email protected]&ing firewall pulled out of that POS...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I’ll check them out on HK. The CF gear I have is not quite as beefy as the original. Original was kind of bow’d shape vs. straight angled on mine (probably doesn’t matter).

·
Registered
14,051 Posts
Who the hell is this Ron dude that just showed up????

welcome to the hood!!!!!! 🤣

1 - 8 of 8 Posts