The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about this for a while and wanted to get some feedback. My idea is to do a run of kits, probably start with the Slick 360-35. After everyone receives their kits, do a build thread that would be about 30 minutes work per day until complete. This would help the new guys or anyone new to building and would give everyone goals to achieve each day. I have not really thought through the details yet, let me know what you think.

Registered
That's a great idea, there's a lot of guys out there that want to build, and have no idea how. If you could figure out a live zoom, or similar platform, to go along with the thread, that would be optimal. 馃憤馃憤

Registered
Always willing to learn,best way is watching someone who knows more. Not getting any foam builds leaves a hole that needs filling. I have two slicks now,but had trouble with the wing so to watch you do it would help. Plus,you may show how to keep weight down,it adds up so easy. Plugs thums up on it.

Registered
Im in.

Registered
I new i would get to see that big plane of yours at nash Heinz57,next year i hope. Spooldone saw my 202 fly,as worn as it is,ask why mine flew better than his,yep,he had them cheap servos. Told him to read,how good is good enough. Good to hear from you.

Registered
Hey plug! I really wanted to go. Unfortunately our 2 day qualifier tournament was the same time. Our national championship is in VA this year so I can鈥檛 miss it. Definitely laying off the fishing and planing on Nash next year. Glad you are still enjoying the 202! That was money well spent for sure!

Registered
I have been thinking about this for a while and wanted to get some feedback. My idea is to do a run of kits, probably start with the Slick 360-35. After everyone receives their kits, do a build thread that would be about 30 minutes work per day until complete. This would help the new guys or anyone new to building and would give everyone goals to achieve each day. I have not really thought through the details yet, let me know what you think.
So if I understand correctly your going to do a series of short vids of the construction? This would be similar to the time lapse vid that Ian and Ash did on the Mojo.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was basically planning to do a build thread with pics. The idea is to show about 30 minutes progress each day and be able to answer questions along the way. I am open for suggestions but not planning to do any videos, not my thing.

Registered
Now I understand.
Carry on Sir.

Build threads are always good.(y)

Registered
I will say a video series would be pretty cool though.

Registered
sounds like a deal.../ I'm retiring ... one week come Friday! been hoarding planes ... looking forward to flying and building!

Registered
Hoarding planes,a pro bro,unheard of. Retired is a good thing,lots of kits waitlng to get built sitting in shops. Getting slow myself but still like glueing wood. So get the show going,lets see how doug builds them planes. Missing WF,hes dog gone good with foam and with a different take on life.

Registered
Congrats on retirement sleepin

Registered
So if I understand correctly your going to do a series of short vids of the construction? This would be similar to the time lapse vid that Ian and Ash did on the Mojo.
I remember that time lapse. That was pretty darn cool.

Registered
I would take 3 kits of Slick 360-35 should you cut them

Reactions: ozzy

Registered
Thinking about it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts