The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I tried to beg BH on here for an opportunity to "test" one of the new Actros that HL has started carrying. I won't say that BH came through for me but I do have an Actro 40-4 complete with Jeti controller and a 10s4p LiPo pack. I was going to post some pics here but I forgot the ProBro site can't host the pics. I'll post one pic of my test rig over on RCU. So far it looks promising but I'm not sure that the 32-3 motor wouldn't be a better choice. I may have to acquire one of those at a later date. The plans are to put it in my new OMP79" Yak but it has to put out the power at least as good as my OS 160 that I originally planned to use.
Later,,,Matt

·
Registered
15,367 Posts
These Actros sure hold some promise for an outrunner if they run as well on a plane as on paper. I'll be interested to see how the testing goes!

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After several more tests with different controllers and a different prop, this one isn't going to measure up to an OS160. My previous experience with the 160 tells me that it is about the bottom end powerwise I would want on the big Yak. I think these Actros suffer from the same lack of power that all the outrunners do. I talked with another guy to day that has a C50-15 Acro that pulls similar amps but is able to generate 60% more thrust and capable of pulling more prop. The Actro was pretty well maxed out on the 18" prop I had. The Hacker will pull a 22" with over 21lbs thrust. That should be just about right for an 11lb airplane :D
I may have to consider one of those Hackers instead for $30 more than the Actro.
Later,,,Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts