The Profile Brotherhood RC Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not trying to start a brand war here but am in need of information from hands on users regarding what's the best performing 20cc gas engine, needed for a future build that is currently available. Engine brands being considered are DLE, RCGF Stinger and Valley View. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
karolh said:
Not trying to start a brand war here but am in need of information from hands on users regarding what's the best performing 20cc gas engine, needed for a future build that is currently available. Engine brands being considered are DLE, RCGF Stinger and Valley View. Thanks.
:welcome:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I own OS, DLE and RCGF/VV in 20-30 cc sizes. OS is definitely the most powerful but not by a bunch. If I were buying again it would be what ever VV was selling in my size with a real Walbro carb and preferably a Bowman ring. I've regretted every non-Walbro carb I've ever owned except the OS, I've ended up replacing them all to get the engine to run right.

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
karolh said:
:welcome:

YS140... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome to the hood :rockon:

I took Vince's recommendation and purchased the 20cc VVRC classic with bowman ring. The engine has been outstanding and runs great! :tu:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Missed you. i got one have not tried yet,DR said no good on 67 fusion,so put on side for now,me think he knows better than i. Will put on mojo 60 when built one day. a no good day to fly,just right to fish.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
dr. only likes ys.

vv20cc.better than ys for at least a dozen reasons.

·
Registered
420 Posts
sparkplug said:
Missed you. i got one have not tried yet,DR said no good on 67 fusion,so put on side for now,me think he knows better than i. Will put on mojo 60 when built one day. a no good day to fly,just right to fish.
Just been so hectic lately unfortunately. I really enjoy the moass 60 with the vvrc! I think it still fly's very light. Thinking about gassing the primo 60 next. Don't get me wrong I still fly glow. But 60 size and bigger, gas is a very nice option keeping fuel very cheap.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
How long before Capthis comes on touting the OS22...............but hey I have 2 OS22's and they are very good.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
they do look nicer hanging from the ceiling, i guess.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
How is the midrange on the 20cc VVRC vs the OS? I am gonna need a 20cc size someday.

If Prowler could stop breaking props on every flight I might get some stick time on the 20cc he has. I forget which one he got. Wait...hmm he is always talking about tearing out landing gear on other birds...
I wonder if there might be a thumb problem going on there. Hmmmm

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Heinz57 said:
sparkplug said:
Just been so hectic lately unfortunately. I really enjoy the moass 60 with the vvrc! I think it still fly's very light. Thinking about gassing the primo 60 next. Don't get me wrong I still fly glow. But 60 size and bigger, gas is a very nice option keeping fuel very cheap.
I used to have a Mojo60 with a DLE20 and flown a buddy's Primo60 with a DLE20 and it is the perfect gas engine for that plane. Mine had stupid amounts of power.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Zamfir said:
How is the midrange on the 20cc VVRC vs the OS? I am gonna need a 20cc size someday.

If Prowler could stop breaking props on every flight I might get some stick time on the 20cc he has. I forget which one he got. Wait...hmm he is always talking about tearing out landing gear on other birds...
the vv i've had- 1 regular, 1 low profile angle plug- are flawless. the dle was ok, but not as good. the rcg i got makes great power- but burbly. the vv is awesome. i can post links of it flying if you want, thing is like an os 1.20 in power and throttle. a little heavier with ignition but then, i build light. my stuff same weight as ee60 with os 1.20 on pipe, and performs same- on regular gas, with opto kill, 16-8 prop pulls stink outa it.

ask ad3d how his ee does, the vv will do same if built right- and i can show you how to re-engineer it to be lighter, stronger, faster... yeh, sounds like 6 million dollar man intro- but it aint bragging if it's true- muhammid ali-

·
Registered
723 Posts
BalsaDust said:
Heinz57 said:
sparkplug said:
I used to have a Mojo60 with a DLE20 and flown a buddy's Primo60 with a DLE20 and it is the perfect gas engine for that plane. Mine had stupid amounts of power.
I guess maybe the PRIMO 60 kit I bought will be next and will have a 20cc gasser!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Zamfir said:

:rofl: I felt bad breaking his prop at IowaBro last summer, but then every time I've seen him fly it since, he's broken a prop lol.

Anyway, I have a DLE20 on BCP and it's great! Spins 17x6 at 8500+. Had a VV20, which may be slightly different than the current version being sold by Valley View--it was a complete clone of the DLE. Anyway, was initially disappointed--it was almost 700rpm down on the DLE. After about 20 flights (15min ea), it loosened up and was within 200rpm of the DLE without a BCP. I think a new VV20 with a Bjorn ring would be pretty decent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts